Medicine Overview of Monazine Injection
Uses of Monazine Injection
Monazine 25mg Injection is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of Monazine Injection
Dystonia, Weight gain, Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Akathisia, Dry mouth, Constipation, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism.
How to use Monazine Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Monazine Injection works
Monazine 25mg injection is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
In Depth Information on Monazine Injection
Expert advice for Monazine Injection
- Do not take fluphenazine when you are under the influence of alcohol or any sleep-inducing, cough and/ or allergy medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking fluphenazine as it may cause dizziness and movement disorder.
- Consult your doctor before you take fluphenazine in case you have past or family history of disorder of abnormal heartbeat, blood clotting disorders, thyroid disorders, severe breathing problems, fits (epilepsy), brain damage, Parkinson’s disease, glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes that causes blurred vision), enlarged prostate gland (i.e. if you have trouble passing urine).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to fluphenazine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to Patients who are in unconscious state (coma) or severe depressed state.
- Do not take if Patient have history of stroke, severe heart problem, cerebral atherosclerosis (brain damage due to hardening and narrowing of arteries supplying blood to the brain), liver damage, blood dyscrasias (abnormal formation, function and quality of blood cells).
- Consult your doctor if patient is Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Special precautions for Monazine 25mg Injection
Monazine 25mg Injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Monazine 25mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Monazine 25mg Injection is probably usafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
If Monazine 25mg Injection is given, monitor the baby for excessive sleepiness....
If Monazine 25mg Injection is given, monitor the baby for excessive sleepiness.
Monazine 25mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is limited information available on the use of Monazin+more
e 25mg Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
Monazine 25mg Injection should be used with caution in patie+more
nts with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Monazine 25mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, AF 150mg Tablet DT
Frequently asked questions for Monazine 25mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Fluphenazine
No, Monazine is neither a narcotic nor a benzodiazepine class of drug. It is an antipsychotic drug and it does not have any addiction potential
Yes. Monazine is approved by FDA and it is not a controlled substance
Monazine causes weight gain but not depression.
User Submitted Feedback For Monazine 25mg Injection
Patients taking Monazine 25mg Injection
Once A Day
Twice A Month
Once A Month
Once A Week
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?