Medicine Overview of Momeflo Nasal Spray
Uses of Momeflo Nasal Spray
Momeflo 50mcg Nasal Spray is used in the treatment of Allergic disorders.
Side effects of Momeflo Nasal Spray
Skin thinning, Contact dermatitis.
How to use Momeflo Nasal Spray
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Blow your nose gently. Insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril. Keep the head upright. Breath in while pressing the bottle. Repeat in other nostril.
How Momeflo Nasal Spray works
Momeflo 50mcg nasal spray belongs to the class of drugs known as corticosteroids. It acts by stopping the release of certain natural substances in body that are responsible for pain and swelling.
In Depth Information on Momeflo Nasal Spray
Expert advice for Momeflo Nasal Spray
- Do not keep the treated skin area covered or apply on your face unless advised by your doctor.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you have diseases like tuberculosis (TB), herpes simplex virus (infection of the eye), cystic fibrosis (genetic disorder of glands resulting in lung and digestive problems), clouding of lens in the eye (cataract) or raised pressure in the eye (glaucoma), or a lung or chest infection or cold or breathing problems, if you are taking other corticosteroid medications.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to mometasone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have had an infection or injury or surgical procedure of the nose.
- Do not use by Children < 6 years.
- Do not use if you are suffering from bacterial, fungal or viral dermatitis (bacterial skin infections).
- Do not use if you have rosacea (redness, small and superficial dilated blood vessels on facial skin).
- Do not use if you are suffering from perioral dermatitis (scaly or bumpy rash around the lips).
Special precautions for Momeflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Momeflo 50mcg Nasal Spray may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Momeflo 50mcg Nasal Spray is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
Momeflo 50mcg Nasal Spray does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Momeflo+more
50mcg Nasal Spray in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Momeflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
Frequently asked questions for Mometasone Topical
Q. Is mometasone a steroid drug?
Yes. Mometasone is a steroidal drug
Q. Is mometasone the same as hydrocortisone?
No. Mometasone and hydrocortisone are different drugs; although both are steroids
Q. Does mometasone topical treat ringworm/acne?
Mometasone topical does not treat ringworm/acne. It only treats the symptoms of inflamed skin
Q. Does mometasone topical lighten skin?
Yes. Mometasone topical may lighten the area of skin which is darkened due to any infection.
User Submitted Feedback For Momeflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
Patients taking Momeflo 50mcg Nasal Spray
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
Four Times A Day