Medicine Overview of Mofetyl Tablet
Uses of Mofetyl Tablet
Mofetyl 250mg Tablet is used in Organ transplantation.
Side effects of Mofetyl Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Headache, Increased blood pressure, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils).
How to use Mofetyl Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Mofetyl 250mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Mofetyl Tablet works
Mofetyl 250mg tablet suppresses the activity of body's immune system and prevents rejection of the transplanted organ.
In Depth Information on Mofetyl Tablet
Expert advice for Mofetyl Tablet
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Avoid using mycophenolate mofetil if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Take special precautions while taking mycophenolate mofetil if you have signs of infection (fever or sore throat), bleeding or bruising problems, or problems with the digestive system (ulcers).
- Use an effective method of contraception before, during, and 6 weeks after taking this drug.
- Exercise caution when stepping out in the sun while taking the medicine. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen lotion to protect yourself from skin cancer.
Special precautions for Mofetyl 250mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Mofetyl 250mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Mofetyl 250mg Tablet should be used with caution during lact+more
ation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Mofetyl 250mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Mofetyl+more
250mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Genevac B 20mcg Injection, Zuviflu Prefilled Syringe, Hepaglob 100mcg Injection, M Vac Injection
Frequently asked questions for Mofetyl 250mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Mycophenolate Mofetil
No. Mofetyl is not a steroid drug
Mofetyl is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Yes. Mofetyl may cause death of immune cells and it also causes certain types of skin cancers. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.