Medicine Overview of Modalert Tablet
Uses of Modalert Tablet
Side effects of Modalert Tablet
Headache, Nausea, Nervousness, Anxiety, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Palpitations, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Abdominal pain, Irritability, Dyspepsia, Increased liver enzymes, Abnormal thoughts, Depression, Tachycardia, Decreased appetite, Diarrhoea, Confusion, Constipation.
How to use Modalert Tablet
How Modalert Tablet works
In Depth Information on Modalert Tablet
Expert advice for Modalert Tablet
- Take the drug about 1 hour before you need to be fully alert.
- Limit intake of caeffine.
- Do not stop the drug suddenly as you can get withdrawl symptoms.
- Do not drink alcohol whil taking this drug.
- Do not give modafinil to children below 18 years of age.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content (e.g. lactose) in the medicine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking modafinil as it may cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Patients with abnormal levels of sleepiness who take modafinil should be advised that their level of wakefulness may not return to normal, so they should avoid driving.