food interaction for MOCLOX KID
alcohol interaction for MOCLOX KID
pregnancy interaction for MOCLOX KID
lactation interaction for MOCLOX KID
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MOCLOX KID
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR MOCLOX KID
- NOVACLOX PEAD 125 MG/125 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 3.20/tabletRs. 48pay 118% more per tablet
- NUMOX KID 125 MG/125 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.07/tabletRs. 61pay 177% more per tablet
- STAPHYMOX KID 125MG/125MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Leben Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 2/tabletRs. 20pay 36% more per tablet
- REDCLOX KID 125 MG/125 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 2/tabletRs. 30pay 36% more per tablet
- P MOX KID 125MG/125MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lark Laboratories LtdRs. 1.52/tabletRs. 15.17pay 3% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR MOCLOX KID
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to amoxicillin or penicillin.
- Take the medicine with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- You may have loose stools while taking this drug. It gets better after finishing the course, If it worsens consult your doctor.
- Amoxicillin can make birth control pills less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control (such as a condom, diaphragm, spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
- Space the doses evenly during the day, at least 4 hours apart.
- Keep taking amoxicillin until the treatment is finished, even if you feel better.
- Do not take amoxicillin for more than 2 weeks or two doses in 1 hour.
- Tell your doctor that you are taking amoxicillin before you go through urine or blood tests for liver function test.
- Consult your doctor before taking amoxicillin if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR MOCLOX KID
Q. Does amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria?
Amoxicillin is active against aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections
Q. Does amoxicillin cause yeast infections?
Amoxicillin is a broad spectrum antibiotic and hence with prolonged use may also kill helpful bacteria in the body that keep the body’s yeast population in check, thereby causing yeast infections
Q. Can I take amoxicillin for sore throat, cold, cough, flu, food poisoning, pseudomonas infection or virus infections?
Amoxicillin is only effective against bacterial infections not viruses. Food poisoning (due to Salmonella), pseudomonas infections, as well as sore throat, cold and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin
Q. Does amoxicillin cause constipation, drowsiness or headache?
No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation, drowsiness or headache. However, consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q. How long does novamoxin take to work?
Anywhere between one to seven days but it depends on the type of infection and its severity
Q. Is novamoxin gluten free?
Novamoxin, which contains amoxicillin, is gluten free.
Q. Is cloxacillin a penicillin/antibiotic?
Cloxacillin belongs to a class of medication called penicillin antibiotics. It does not contain penicillin but is structurally similar to it. It is is used to treat bacterial infections in the body affecting the ear, nose, throat, lungs (pneumonia), skin and skin structure infections, urinary bladder infection (cystitis), infection of the valves of the heart, bone infections, especially those caused by the resistant staphylococcus bacteria
Q. What does it treat?
It is also used to treat leprosy and lepra-reaction seen in leprosy, and to prevent infection during surgery
Q. Is cloxacillin the same as amoxicillin?
Cloxacillin is not the same as amoxicillin, but they belong to the same class of medication called penicillin antibiotics
Q. Is cloxacillin used for treating tonsillitis/ boils/acne/chlamydia/streptococcus infections?
Cloxacillin is not commonly used to treat tonsillitis/boils/acne/chlamydia. It may be used to treat streptococcus infections but is more commonly used for staphylococcus infections
Q. Does cloxacillin cause weight gain or sleepiness?
These are no studies showing any relation between weight gain, sleepiness and cloxacillin use
Q. Does it affect menstruation?
It is not known to affect menstruation
Q. Can I take Advil (ibuprofen)/ Tylenol (paracetamol) with cloxacillin?
There are no known interactions between cloxacillin and Advil (ibuprofen)/ Tylenol (paracetamol). But doctor's advice should be followed about taking both the medications together
Q. Is cloxacillin safe for G6PD?
Yes, cloxacillin can be safely used in patients who have deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD)
Q. Does cloxacillin expire?
Cloxacillin has an expiry date, beyond which it should not be consumed. Please refer to the pack or package insert for the expiry date.