food interaction for MINIPRESS XL
alcohol interaction for MINIPRESS XL
pregnancy interaction for MINIPRESS XL
lactation interaction for MINIPRESS XL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MINIPRESS XL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for MINIPRESS XL 5 MG TABLET
Patients taking MINIPRESS XL 5 MG TABLET
- 60%Once A Day
- 37%Twice A Day
- 2%Thrice A Day
- 1%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for MINIPRESS XL
- PRAZOLIN 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)C M R Life SciencesRs. 6.30/tabletRs. 63save 51% more per tablet
- PRAZOCIP XL 5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 6.03/tabletRs. 90.47save 54% more per tablet
- RESPLEND 5MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Gold LineRs. 9.66/tabletRs. 96.60save 26% more per tablet
- PRAZOSIN 5MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Jan AushadhiRs. 1.76/tabletRs. 26.40save 86% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for MINIPRESS XL
- The drug can cause dizziness, drowziness or nausea. Consult your doctor, if these side effects do not improve.
- Take the drug with food or at bedtime to avoid side effects.
- Check your blood pressure 1 week after starting this drug and consult your doctor, if it has not improved.
- Do not drive or use any tools or machinery after taking prazosin.
Frequently asked questions for MINIPRESS XL
Q.What is minipress xl?
Minipress XL is a brand (proprietary) name of prazosin drug. Prazosin is an alpha blocker used in the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension)
Q.Is prazosin an opiate, narcotic, benzodiazepine, or beta-blocker?
No. Prazosin is not narcotic. It doesn't belong to opiate, benzodiazepine or beta blocker class. Prazosin is an alpha blocker used in the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension)
Q.Is prazosin safe?
Prazosin is generally well tolerated. Self-medication is always harmful, so it should be used only under the guidance and recommendations of a doctor
Q.Is prazosin addictive?
No. Prazosin does not have habit forming potential.