Medicine Overview of MILNACE TABLET
Uses of MILNACE TABLET
Milnace 50mg tablet is used in the treatment of depression, fibromyalgia and neuropathic pain.
Side effects of MILNACE TABLET
Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Constipation, Anxiety, Decreased appetite, Increased sweating, Sexual dysfunction.
How to use MILNACE TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Milnace 50mg tablet at a fixed time.
How MILNACE TABLET works
Milnace 50mg tablet works by increasing the levels of chemical messengers (serotonin and noradrenaline), natural substances in the brain that help maintain mental balance and stop the movement of pain signals in the brain.
In Depth Information on MILNACE TABLET
Expert advice for MILNACE TABLET
- You may have to wait for 2 to 4 weeks to get the full effect.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Milnacipran, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks. You should not discontinue it abruptly.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with any heart problems (heart attack, heart failure, slow or irregular heart rate).
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- It can cause a sensation of restlessness or an inability to sit or stand still. This is most likely to occur within the first few weeks of treatment. You should tell your doctor if this happens to you.
- It may be more effective in some patients of depression who fails to respond to selective serotonin receptor inhibitors (SSRI) e.g. Fluoxetine.
Special precautions for MILNACE 50MG TABLET
Milnace 50mg tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Milnace 50mg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution should be advised in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
RITOMUNE 100MG CAPSULE, ATTENTROL 40MG CAPSULE, ATTERA 25MG TABLET, VIRITON 100MG TABLET
If you miss a dose of Milnacipran, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for MILNACE 50MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Milnacipran
Q. Is Milnacipran addictive?
Milnacipran does not cause addiction
Q. Is Milnacipran narcotic?
Milnacipran is not a narcotic
Q. Is Milnacipran a generic or a controlled substance?
Milnacipran is a generic and not a controlled substance
Q. Does Milnacipran cause weight loss?
Milnacipran may cause this side effect. Call your doctor if you experience any unusual problems during your treatment.
User Submitted Feedback For MILNACE 50MG TABLET
Patients taking MILNACE 50MG TABLET
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day