Medicine Overview of Milnace Capsule
Uses of Milnace Capsule
Milnace 25mg Capsule is used in the treatment of depression, fibromyalgia and neuropathic pain.
Side effects of Milnace Capsule
Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Constipation, Anxiety, Decreased appetite, Increased sweating, Sexual dysfunction.
How to use Milnace Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Milnace 25mg Capsule at a fixed time.
How Milnace Capsule works
Milnace 25mg capsule works by increasing the levels of chemical messengers (serotonin and noradrenaline), natural substances in the brain that help maintain mental balance and stop the movement of pain signals in the brain.
In Depth Information on Milnace Capsule
Expert advice for Milnace Capsule
- You may have to wait for 2 to 4 weeks to get the full effect.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Milnace, you should not discontinue it abruptly. Many patients tolerate decreasing 50% dose every 3 days however if the withdrawal symptoms emerge during tapering it would require more gradual tapering over few weeks.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with any heart problems (heart attack, heart failure, slow or irregular heart rate).
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- It can cause a sensation of restlessness or an inability to sit or stand still. This is most likely to occur within the first few weeks of treatment. You should tell your doctor if this happens to you.
- It may be more effective in some patients with depression who fails to respond to selective serotonin receptor inhibitors (SSRI) e.g. Fluoxetine.
Special precautions for Milnace 25mg Capsule
Milnace 25mg Capsule may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Milnace 25mg Capsule may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Milnace 25mg Capsule is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
As Milnace 25mg Capsule may impair your thinking or reactions and this may affect your ability to drive....
As Milnace 25mg Capsule may impair your thinking or reactions and this may affect your ability to drive.
Milnace 25mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients+more
with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Milnace 25mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Milnace 25mg Capsule is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Milnace 25mg Capsule may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution is advised in patients with the severe liver disease....
Caution is advised in patients with the severe liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Ritomune 100mg Capsule, Attentrol 40mg Capsule, Attera 25mg Tablet, Viriton 100mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Milnacipran, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Milnace 25mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Milnacipran
Milnace does not cause addiction
Milnace is not a narcotic
Milnace is a generic and not a controlled substance
Milnace may cause this side effect. Call your doctor if you experience any unusual problems during your treatment.
User Submitted Feedback For Milnace 25mg Capsule
Patients taking Milnace 25mg Capsule
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Thrice A Day