food interaction for MILIXIM OZ
alcohol interaction for MILIXIM OZ
pregnancy interaction for MILIXIM OZ
lactation interaction for MILIXIM OZ
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MILIXIM OZ
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for MILIXIM OZ TABLET
Patients taking MILIXIM OZ TABLET
- 100%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for MILIXIM OZ
- ZIFI O 200MG/500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)FDC LtdRs. 11.90/tabletRs. 119save 25% more per tablet
- CEFOLAC OZ 200 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 17.60/tabletRs. 176pay 11% more per tablet
- ORNICEF 200 MG/500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 18.23/tabletRs. 182.32pay 15% more per tablet
- TAXIM OZ TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 23/tabletRs. 230pay 45% more per tablet
- CEFI OZ 200MG/500MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 18.50/tabletRs. 111pay 16% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for MILIXIM OZ
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions for MILIXIM OZ
Q.What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q.Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q.Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q.Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.
Q.Is Ornidazole an antibiotic?
Ornidazole is an antibiotic
Q.What is it used for?
It cures infections (caused by bacteria or protozoa) of intestine, urinary tract, genital tract and other body parts
Q.Is ornidazole same as metronidazole?
Ornidazole and metronidazole are two different drugs belonging to the same class and are used for the same type of diseases
Q.Is ornidazole carcinogenic?
There are no reports suggesting the potential of ornidazole to cause cancer.