SALT INFORMATIONNatural Micronised Progesterone(100 mg)
Progesterone is used to prevent recurrent miscarriage and maintain pregnancy; to treat absence of menstruation (amenorrhoea) in women of childbearing age and abnormal uterine bleeding; as a hormone replacement therapy in post-menopausal women; to treat premenstrual syndrome (feelings of tension, irritability, depression, headache, breast tenderness, weight gain and bloating that occurs 7-10 days before menstruation) and depression following child birth.
How it works
Progesterone belongs to a class of medications called progestins (female hormones). It is used as a part of hormone replacement therapy to bring on the menstruation by decreasing the levels of estrogen in the uterus and replacing the natural progesterone in women who are lacking.
Common side effects
Mood swings, Vomiting, Skin rashes and itching, Pain in abdomen and lower abdomen, Excessive gas in stomach, Urge to vomit, Temporary feeling of sleepiness and dizziness following intake of progesterone, Diarrhea
- MIPROGEN 100MG CAPSULE(10 capsule in strip)Bharat Serums & Vaccines LtdRs. 13.63/capsuleRs. 136.28save 1% more per capsule
- ENDOGEST 100MG CAPSULE(10 capsule in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 11.95/capsuleRs. 119.50save 14% more per capsule
- LUPIGEST 100MG CAPSULE(10 capsule in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 12.20/capsuleRs. 122save 12% more per capsule
- NIDAGEN 100MG CAPSULE(10 capsule in strip)Systopic Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 9.65/capsuleRs. 96.50save 30% more per capsule
- STRONE 100MG CAPSULE(10 capsule in strip)Serum Institute Of India LtdRs. 13.05/capsuleRs. 130.50save 6% more per capsule
- Progesterone should be taken on an empty stomach or at least one hour before food or two hours after food.
- Do not take progesterone and consult your doctor if you have ever had any unexpected and unexplained bleeding from your vagina which was not due to your normal monthly period.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a family before taking progesterone.
- Do not take progesterone without informing your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not drive a motor vehicle or operate a machine immediately after taking progesterone. You may experience a temporary (1 to 3 hours) feeling of sleepiness and dizziness after taking progesterone.
- Oral progesterone should preferably be taken at bedtime.
- Consult your doctor about any severe stomach pain or yellowing of your eyes or skin.
- Immediately consult your if you have sudden vision changes or one-sided weakness (signs of stroke) or chest pain and trouble breathing (signs of a pulmonary embolism).
Frequently asked questions
Natural Micronised Progesterone
Q.Is prednisolone safe in pregnancy?Prednisolone may cause harm to the fetus. Hence, it is not advisable to take it in pregnancy without consulting your doctor.Q.Is prednisolone a steroid, pain-killer, or an anti-inflammatory drug?Prednisolone is a steroid anti-inflammatory drug. However, it is not a pain-killer.Q.Is prednisolone the same as prednisone?No. Prednisolone is the active metabolite of prednisone. Both of them are corticosteroids used for different indications.Q.Can I take prednisolone for whooping cough or chest infection?No, prednisolone is not used for whooping cough or chest infection.Q.Is prednisolone safe?Yes. Prednisolone is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor.Q.How long can I take corticosteroids for? Can I take steroids for 1 year/1 month/6 months?It is advisable to take the drug for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop the treatment abruptly or take for a longer period than recommended.Q.Can I take prednisolone with ibuprofen, Voltaren, omeprazole, paracetamol, citalopram, alcohol, antibiotics, or antihistaminics?Prednisolone should not be taken with ibuprofen, Voltaren (diclofenac), or other NSAIDs/pain-killers as it may lead to abdominal pain and bleeding. Prednisolone can be taken with omeprazole, paracetamol, citalopram, alcohol, antibiotics (except ketoconazole), or antihistaminics only if prescribed by your doctor.Q.Does prednisolone cross the placenta?Prednisolone may cross the placenta and affect the fetus. It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking the drug during pregnancy. Q.Does prednisolone cause hair loss, weight gain, tiredness, acne, or drowsiness?Yes. Prednisolone may cause hair loss, weight gain, tiredness, acne or drowsiness. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.Q.Does prednisolone mask pregnancy symptoms?There is no evidence of prednisolone masking pregnancy symptoms. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you are pregnant.