food interaction for METLONG
alcohol interaction for METLONG
pregnancy interaction for METLONG
lactation interaction for METLONG
medicine interaction for METLONG
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR METLONG
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR METLONG TABLET ER
Patients taking METLONG TABLET ER
- 54%Once A Day
- 46%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR METLONG
- EMNORM 500 MG TABLET ER(10 tablet er in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 2.19/tablet erRs. 21.85pay 50% more per tablet er
Expert advice FOR METLONG
- Metformin is generally prescribed in newly-diagnosed type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. Planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Metformin does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Metformin should be stopped for at least 2 days after a surgery or a radiological test done using dyes.
- It is best to take Metformin after meals to minimize nausea, indigestion or diarrhea. Unlike some other diabetes medicines, Metformin doesn't cause any weight gain or lower blood sugar levels.
- This is the only oral diabetes medicine that lowers complications and deaths in conditions related to diabetes. Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
Delay or missing a scheduled meals or snacks.
Exercising more than usual.
Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
Using too much insulin.
Sickness ( vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
Frequently asked questions FOR METLONG
Q. Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q. Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.