food interaction for MEROTROL
alcohol interaction for MEROTROL
pregnancy interaction for MEROTROL
lactation interaction for MEROTROL
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MEROTROL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MEROTROL
- MEROMAC 1 GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 592/injectionRs. 592save 40% more per injection
- KITPENEM 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 809.52/ML of injectionRs. 809.52save 18% more per ML of injection
- MEROPENEM 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Jan AushadhiRs. 502.06/injectionRs. 502.06save 49% more per injection
- MEROSURE 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 600/injectionRs. 600save 39% more per injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for MEROTROL
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of seizures or central nervous system problems (e.g. brain lesions).
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are taking other drugs like probenecid, valproic acid, or oral anticoagulants like warfarin.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for MEROTROL
Q.Is meropenem a penicillin, cephalosporin, or beta lactam drug?
Meropenem is not a penicillin or cephalosporin drug. It is a carbapenem beta-lactam antibiotic
Q.Is meropenem safe?
Meropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is meropenem dialyzable?
Yes, meropenem is dialyzable
Q.Is meropenem compatible with vancomycin, or potassium?
Meropenem may be compatible with potassium or vancomycin. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is meropenem nephrotoxic, vesicant or cause thrombocytopenia?
Meropenem may be nephrotoxic, vesicant, and may cause thrombocytopenia. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q.What organisms does meropenem cover?
Meropenem is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, aerobes as well as anaerobes. It is effective against enterococcus, streptococcus, and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA), but not effective against listeria or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.