food interaction for MEROPENEM
alcohol interaction for MEROPENEM
pregnancy interaction for MEROPENEM
lactation interaction for MEROPENEM
medicine interaction for MEROPENEM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MEROPENEM
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR MEROPENEM 1GM INJECTION
Patients taking MEROPENEM 1GM INJECTION
- 44%Thrice A Day
- 33%Once A Day
- 22%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR MEROPENEM
- MEROTROL 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 988/injectionRs. 988pay 97% more per injection
- MEROMAC 1 GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 592/injectionRs. 592pay 18% more per injection
- VALUPENEM 1000 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 399.50/ML of injectionRs. 799save 20% more per ML of injection
- KITPENEM 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 809.52/ML of injectionRs. 809.52pay 61% more per ML of injection
- MEROSURE 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 600/injectionRs. 600pay 20% more per injection
Expert advice FOR MEROPENEM
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of seizures or central nervous system problems (e.g. brain lesions).
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are taking other drugs like probenecid, valproic acid, or oral anticoagulants like warfarin.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR MEROPENEM
Q. Is meropenem a penicillin, cephalosporin, or beta lactam drug?
Meropenem is not a penicillin or cephalosporin drug. It is a carbapenem beta-lactam antibiotic
Q. Is meropenem safe?
Meropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is meropenem dialyzable?
Yes, meropenem is dialyzable
Q. Is meropenem compatible with vancomycin, or potassium?
Meropenem may be compatible with potassium or vancomycin. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Is meropenem nephrotoxic, vesicant or cause thrombocytopenia?
Meropenem may be nephrotoxic, vesicant, and may cause thrombocytopenia. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q. What organisms does meropenem cover?
Meropenem is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, aerobes as well as anaerobes. It is effective against enterococcus, streptococcus, and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA), but not effective against listeria or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.