Medicine Overview of Merigenta Cream
Uses of Merigenta Cream
Merigenta 0.10% Cream is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
Side effects of Merigenta Cream
Facial swelling, Allergic reaction, Itching, Skin redness.
How to use Merigenta Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Merigenta Cream works
Merigenta 0.10% cream is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Merigenta Cream
Expert advice for Merigenta Cream
- Inform your doctor if you experience itching, skin rashes, swelling of face, lips, throat or difficulty in breathing.
- Discontinue use and consult your doctor if you develop irritation, sensitization or a superinfection
- Avoid getting this medication into your eyes, nose and mouth. If this happens wash your face thoroughly with water.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media), kidney or liver problem, open wound or damaged skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to gentamicin or any of its ingredients.
Special precautions for Merigenta 0.10% Cream
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Merigenta 0.10% Cream may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Merigenta 0.10% Cream is probably safe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Merigenta 0.10% Cream may cause blurring of your vision for+more
a short time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
There is limited information available on the use of Merigen+more
ta 0.10% Cream in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Merigenta 0.10% Cream
Frequently asked questions for Gentamicin Topical
Q. Is gentamicin topical a macrolide, steroid or a sulfa drug?
Gentamicin topical does not contain sulfa and is not a macrolide, or steroidal drug. It is a broad spectrum aminoglycoside
Q. Does gentamicin topical cause hearing loss or burn?
Yes gentamicin topical can cause hearing loss if used inappropriately. It can cause burning of eyes.
Substitutes for Merigenta Cream
Supragent 0.10% Cream
Parker Robinson Pvt Ltd
₹1.52/gm of Cream