food interaction for MELODOL
alcohol interaction for MELODOL
pregnancy interaction for MELODOL
lactation interaction for MELODOL
Taking meloxicam with alcohol can increase your risk of stomach bleeding.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MELODOL
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MELODOLNo substitutes found
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajiva GuptaMBBS, DNB, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for MELODOL
- Consult your doctor before taking meloxicam if you have recently undergone surgery or have problems with kidney, liver or heart; suffer from high blood pressure, various inflammatory gastrointestinal disorders, bronchial asthma or systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Consult your doctor before taking meloxicam if you are elderly or a woman using intrauterine contraceptive device for contraception.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may cause blurred vision, dizziness or tiredness.
- Consult your doctor before taking meloxicam if you are taking medicines for treatment of elevated blood pressure, for thinning of blood, depression and infections or taking steroids or other pain killers.
Frequently asked questions for MELODOL
Q.Is meloxicam a steroid, NSAID, opiate, muscle relaxer, or a pain-reliever?
Meloxicam is not a steroid, opiate, or a muscle relaxing agent. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drug and pain killer used to relieve pain and inflammation
Q.Is meloxicam safe?
Yes. Meloxicam is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is meloxicam addictive?
No. Meloxicam is not addictive
Q.Can I take meloxicam for backache, toothache, menstrual cramps, gout, tendonitis, migraine, sciatica or sore throat?
Meloxicam is indicated for the treatment of backache, tendonitis, sciatica, menstrual cramps toothache and gout. It is not indicated for the treatment of sore throat
Q.Can I take meloxicam with Xanax, Vicodin, Percocet, Aleve, Advil, Flexeril, Norco, tramadol or aspirin?
Meloxicam should not be taken with aspirin as it may cause gastrointestinal bleeding. It may be taken with Xanax, Vicodin, Percocet, Aleve, Advil, Flexeril, Norco, or tramadol if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does meloxicam cause weight-gain, drowsiness, tiredness, thinning of blood, or headaches?
Meloxicam may cause headaches, drowsiness, and weight gain and can prevent formation of clot in blood. It is not expected to cause tiredness. If you notice any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
Q.Is paracetamol safe/ banned/ available in India?
Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen, crocin, dolo, calpol, pacimol) is an over-the-counter drug available in India. It is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is paracetamol a painkiller/ used for cold?
Paracetamol is used to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with cold and flu, as well as fever
Q.Does paracetamol make you drowsy / sleepy?
Paracetamol does not cause drowsiness. However, paracetamol is available in combination with cough and cold medicines (eg. cetirizine, chlorpheniramine), which may cause drowsiness or sleepiness
Q.Is paracetamol an NSAID/ antibiotic?
Paracetamol is a anti-pyretic (anti-fever), anti -inflammatory drug, which belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). However, unlike other NSAIDS, paracetamol can relieve only mild to moderate pain. It is not an antibiotic
Q.Can I take crocin with cetirizine/ aceclofenac/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ tramadol/ warfarin/ erythromycin/ antibiotics?
Yes, paracetamol (available as crocin) can be taken with all of these drugs. Caution is advised when crocin is to be used with warfarin. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q.Can I take crocin with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID?
Paracetamol (available as crocin) is available over-the-counter in combination with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q.Does paracetamol cause death?
Paracetamol on overdose can severely damage the liver and cause death. No more than 4 grams should be consumed in one day. Always consult your doctor regarding use of paracetamol
Q.Can calpol make babies/ toddlers sleep/ help in teething pain?
Calpol can relieve pain in infants and children; it does not make them sleep.