food interaction for MEFLUP FORTE
alcohol interaction for MEFLUP FORTE
pregnancy interaction for MEFLUP FORTE
lactation interaction for MEFLUP FORTE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MEFLUP FORTE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MEFLUP FORTE
- MEFTAL 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 2.30/tabletRs. 23save 90% more per tablet
- PONSTAN 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 1.95/tabletRs. 19.53save 92% more per tablet
- ALMEFKEM 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 0.64/tabletRs. 6.43save 97% more per tablet
- MEFLUP 250MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 0.54/tabletRs. 5.38save 98% more per tablet
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajiva GuptaMBBS, DNB, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for MEFLUP FORTE
- Do not take mefenamic acid If you are allergic to it or other NSAIDs.
- Do not take this drug if you have a stomach ulcer or bleeding or had these conditions in the past.
- Please tell your doctor if you are taking or recently have taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Frequently asked questions for MEFLUP FORTE
Q.Is mefenamic acid an antibiotic/ contain codeine?
No. Mefenamic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to treat mild to moderate pain conditions and fever. It not an antibiotic and does not contain codeine
Q.Is mefenamic acid a painkiller?
Yes. Mefenamic acid is mild to moderate painkiller drug
Q.Is mefenamic acid safe?
Mefenamic acid is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is mefenamic acid good for toothache/ for back pain/ headache?
Yes, mefenamic acid can be used to relieve dental pain, back pain and headache
Q.Does mefenamic acid stop periods/ stop bleeding?
Mefenamic acid is used for relieving pain that happens before or during a menstrual period. It does not stop periods or bleeding. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take mefenamic acid with naproxen/ paracetamol/ ibuprofen/ metronidazole/ withtramadol/ with tranexamic acid/ with sertraline/ amoxicillin?
Mefenamic acid may interact with the drugs mentioned above. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be require
Q.Does mefenamic acid make you drowsy?
Mefenamic acid has a rare side effect of causing drowsiness. Always consult your doctor, if you experience such side effects.