Medicine Overview of Manilup Infusion
Uses of Manilup Infusion
Manilup 20% w/v Infusion is used in the treatment of acute renal failure, cerebral edema and glaucoma.
Side effects of Manilup Infusion
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Dehydration.
How to use Manilup Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Manilup Infusion works
Manilup 20% w/v infusion is an inert substance with high osmotic pressure. It draws water into the kidney, which in turn increases the amount of urine production. Manilup 20% w/v infusion is also used to lower the pressure inside the eye or swelling around the brain.
In Depth Information on Manilup Infusion
Expert advice for Manilup Infusion
- Tell your doctor if you have swelling, kidney problems, or heart problems (e.g., congestive heart failure).
- Exercise caution in children <12 years and if you are an elderly patient.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have difficulty urinating or extreme dizziness.
- You will be regularly monitored for lab tests such as blood electrolytes, kidney function, lung function, heart function and blood counts.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking mannitol as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with mannitol, as it may worsen its side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to mannitol or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take in pre-existing plasma hyperosmolarity.
- Do not take in severe dehydration, established anuria (failure of the kidneys to produce urine), severe heart failure, severe lung congestion or oedema, active intracranial bleeding (bleeding within the cranial vault), except during craniotomy (surgical removal of part of the bone from the skull to expose the brain).
- Do not take if suffering from disturbance of the blood-brain barrier.
- Do not take if suffering from progressive renal damage or dysfunction after institution of mannitol therapy, including increasing oliguria and azotemia (elevation of blood urea nitrogen).
Special precautions for Manilup 20% w/v Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Manilup 20% w/v Infusion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Manilup 20% w/v Infusion is probably safe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Manilup 20% w/v Infusion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Manilup 20% w/v Infusion is probably safe to use in patients+more
with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Manilup 20% w/v Infusion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Manilup+more
20% w/v Infusion in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Mannitol, please consult your doctor.