Medicine Overview of Manaderm Ointment
Redness of skin, Blisters on skin, Edema (swelling), Itching.
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
Manaderm Ointment is used along with ultraviolet-A irradiation where it works by decreasing the number of cells the skin makes.
In Depth Information on Manaderm Ointment
• Always take psoralen tablets 2 hours before the UV radiation exposure along with food or milk.
• Take a plain shower before your treatment to keep your skin clean and dry.
• Do not use perfumes, aftershave, deodorants or other cosmetics and toiletries as they make your skin even more sensitive to the UV light causing blistering of your skin.
• Never take psoralen more than the dose that has been prescribed as it may cause burning or blistering of your skin after exposure to UV light.
• Avoid any other form of artificial UV treatment or relaxation e.g. solarium or sunbathing.
• Men should take the required precautions to protect the genital area.
• Always wear protective goggles while receiving your light dose in the cabinet.
• UV400 standard eye protection glasses and protective skin covering must be worn for 24 hours from time of taking psoralen tablets.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients who are allergic to psoralen or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to children under 14 years of age.
Manaderm Ointment related warnings
No interaction found
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Manaderm Ointment during lactation. Please consult your doctor.
It is not known whether Manaderm Ointment alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Manaderm Ointment is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Manaderm Ointment may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Manaderm Ointment is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Manaderm Ointment may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Manaderm Ointment
What are you using Manaderm Ointment for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Manaderm Ointment. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Manaderm Ointment
Psoralen and ultraviolet A radiation (PUVA therapy) is used to treat certain skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, polymorphic light eruption, and mycosis fungoides.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Manaderm Ointment: NAS, TNH, HPC, PWN, MMS, AAY, MDO, DLP, RHW, ARD, OWP, PPR, ADT, ANT, BMJ, LCC, SWA, RWP, 9T9, THP, NDP, RPP, RHL, DVH, DFP, NNH, QLF, PNT, DPL, BLE, TFP, FGH, BDN, SDM, HSP, SGH, NSL, SWP, RSS, PLT, CLT, AMR, DHR, WHL, HZF, SHP, KMC, RSA, RDH, P2P, USF, JSL, RPI, HMP, PVP, BAP, EVP, BBS, ABP, DYG, HIP, RDR, AYM, ATL, HEX, MSD, SPD, DGN, GBL, OIP, SYN, HGI, GPT, EMB, MPC, SHC, QTM, BTM, VDH, RJH, EPS, AAR, BIO, SRG, GHR, GTK, MAX, IPL, INC, MAK, TRP, VRS, RUS, NVY, SAF, SHD, PRN, NVL, NWP, SBA, HTS, ENP, UMP, ZPR, NTB, AGT, SLN, MAM, BAL, GPP, MLC, VNS, BSN, SGC, ATP, BHP, SVH, IAD, JVN, EQN, JVO, DPP, ESY, SCH, HBV, KHC, HAT, LHA, STA, RKS, BHM, ZVP, WSI, GTC, DAO, OHM, SSA, MDH, AYU, PTI, PMA, TOM, OLT, JIV, HNP, KHH, NXG, SJP, GNC, SBL, CHP, ZEL, SVS, PEN