Medicine Overview of Magnilek Injection
Uses of Magnilek Injection
Magnilek Injection is used in diagnosis of disease of spinal cord, disease of brain, disease of liver, disease of bone, disease of breast and disease of soft tissues.
Side effects of Magnilek Injection
Injection site reaction, Renal failure, Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis.
How to use Magnilek Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Magnilek Injection works
Gadopentetic acid belongs to the class of drugs known as contrast agents. It enhances the image contrast of the internal body structures and improves the visibility due to the increase in their signal and intensity when placed in strong magnetic fields and radio waves used in MRI scanners.
In Depth Information on Magnilek Injection
Expert advice for Magnilek Injection
- Gadopentetic acid must be administered in the aseptic condition to avoid infection.
- Immediately inform your physician of any suspected allergic reaction after injection. Contrasting materials tend to have late onset of reactions.
- Inform your doctor prior to injection if you have history of implantation of artificial pacemaker in heart or any other metal implants or clips in the blood vessels.
- Inform your doctor of history of kidney disease, low blood pressure, fits (epilepsy) or other allergic respiratory conditions such as asthma.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not administered if allergic to gadopentetic acid or to any other such diagnostic contrasting agents.
- Do not take if suffering from kidney disease.
- Do not give to Children below 2 years of age.
Special precautions for Magnilek Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Magnilek Injection is safe to use during lactation. Human s+more
tudies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Magnilek Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Magnile+more
k Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Not applicable. Gadopentetic is given before imaging test, so it is important to take it at the time as advised by the doctor. If you miss the dose, your test results can be inaccurate.
Substitutes for Magnilek
No substitutes found for this medicine