food interaction for MAGENTA
alcohol interaction for MAGENTA
pregnancy interaction for MAGENTA
lactation interaction for MAGENTA
medicine interaction for MAGENTA
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MAGENTA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR MAGENTA
- RANBIOTIC 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.45/ML of injectionRs. 4.90pay 42% more per ML of injection
- ZYGENTA 40MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.88/ML of injectionRs. 17.50save 49% more per ML of injection
- GENTAMYCIN 40MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 1.42/ML of injectionRs. 28.43save 18% more per ML of injection
- GENTY 40MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.27/ML of injectionRs. 22.68pay 31% more per ML of injection
- GENTAMYCIN 40 MG INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.61/ML of injectionRs. 12.25save 65% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR MAGENTA
- If you have inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media), kidney or liver problem, open wound or damaged skin.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you experience itching, skin rashes, swelling of face, lips, throat or difficulty in breathing.
Frequently asked questions FOR MAGENTA
Q. Is gentamicin a macrolide, steroid or a sulfa drug?
Gentamicin does not contain sulfa and is not a macrolide, or steroidal drug. It is a broad spectrum aminoglycoside
Q. Is gentamicin nephrotoxic?
Yes, gentamicin is a nephrotoxic drug. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Is gentamicin safe for babies?
Gentamicin is safe for babies if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does gentamicin cause hearing loss or burn?
Yes gentamicin can cause hearing loss if used inappropriately. It can cause burning of eyes
Q. Is gentamicin used for pink eye?
Yes, gentamicin is used in the treatment of pink eye (conjunctivitis). Please consult your doctor before use
Q. Does gentamicin dialyze out?
Yes, gentamicin is a dialyzable drug
Q. What organisms does gentamicin cover?
Gentamicin is mainly effective against pseudomonas, escherichia, enterobacter, klebsiella, staphylococcus, salmonella, serratia, and shigella species but rarely effective against streptococci and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa)
Q. Does it cover anaerobes?
It does not act against anaerobes.