Medicine Overview of Lyxumia Injection
Uses of Lyxumia Injection
Lyxumia 20mcg Injection is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Side effects of Lyxumia Injection
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea.
How to use Lyxumia Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Lyxumia Injection works
Lyxumia 20mcg injection is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas, decreases hormones that raise blood sugar levels, slows down digestion and reduces appetite.
In Depth Information on Lyxumia Injection
Expert advice for Lyxumia Injection
- Inject in your belly, thighs, or the back of your upper arm, any time of day, with or without meals.
- If you miss a dose, you can take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there are at least 3 days (72 hours) until the next scheduled dose. If not, skip the missed dose.
- You may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, or stomach pain, which may improve with time. Inform your doctor if these symptoms persist or worsen.
- To avoid nausea, eat smaller meals, replace fatty foods with bland foods like toast or rice, and include ginger-containing food or drinks in your diet.
- You can store the unopened pens in the refrigerator, or at room temperature for up to 14 days. Do not store in the freezer.
Special precautions for Lyxumia 20mcg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Lyxumia 20mcg Injection is probably usafe to use during lac+more
tation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is+more
low or high. If this happens, do not drive....
Lyxumia 20mcg Injection should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lyxumia 20mcg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available on the use of Lyxumia 20mcg Injection in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease....
Limited information is available on the use of Lyxumia 20mcg Injection in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
Lyxumia 20mcg Injection is probably safe to use in patients+more
with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lyxumia 20mcg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Decamycin 4mg Injection, Manoprolol 40mg Tablet, Betsone 0.5mg Tablet, Walacort 0.5mg Tablet
User Submitted Feedback For Lyxumia 20mcg Injection
Patients taking Lyxumia 20mcg Injection
Once A Day
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Type 2 diabetes
Substitutes for Lyxumia
No substitutes found for this medicine