food interaction for LUMACIP
alcohol interaction for LUMACIP
pregnancy interaction for LUMACIP
lactation interaction for LUMACIP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LUMACIP
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for LUMACIP 2% CREAM
Patients taking LUMACIP 2% CREAM
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for LUMACIPNo substitutes found
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Chiranjiv ChhabraMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Nirupama ParwandaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for LUMACIP
- Use of sunscreen is a must while using hydroquinone topical. Avoid unnecessary sun exposures and cover the treated areas with clothing. Even minimal exposure to sunlight can reverse the bleaching effect of hydroquinone.
- Discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately if you develop allergic skin reaction or notice blue-black darkening of skin upon use of hydroquinone.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not use hydroquinone creams on broken, irritated or injured skin.
- Do not use hydroquinone creams with other creams that contain peroxides (hydrogen peroxide/benzoyl peroxide), resorcinol, phenol, or salicylic acid as it may cause unwanted side effects.
- You may be advised by your doctor to perform a skin sensitivity test to avoid any allergic reaction
- Use in children aged below 12 years is not recommended unless under the strict supervision of doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to hydroquinone or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for LUMACIP
Q.Is hydroquinone safe/good for skin and face?
Yes. Hydroquinone is safe if used as directed, for the prescribed duration by your doctor. Please limit sun exposures and apply sunscreens or cover the treated area with protective clothing. Even minimal exposure to sun can reverse the bleaching effect of hydroquinone
Q.Is hydroquinone topical a steroid?
No. Hydroquinone does not have a structure or effect similar to steroids
Q.Is hydroquinone banned in India?
No. Hydroquinone is available and is not a banned drug in India
Q.Is hydroquinone carcinogenic/does hydroquinone cause cancer?
Hydroquinone should not be used in excess quantity for long duration, as it is associated with possible carcinogenicity
Q.Is hydroquinone toxic?
No. Hydroquinone is not toxic if used as directed, for the prescribed duration by your doctor. It is available as creams and meant for external use on the skin only
Q.Does hydroquinone lighten/bleach your skin?
Hydroquinone is used to bleach or lighten dark patches of skin
Q.Does hydroquinone lighten skin permanently?
The effect of hydroquinone is reversible (reversible depigmentation) with time and exposure to sun and therefore not permanent
Q.Does hydroquinone make skin darker?
Hydroquinone may cause blue-black darkening of skin. This is not the normal effect of hydroquinone. Discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately if you notice darkening of skin upon use of hydroquinone
Q.Does hydroquinone help acne?
No. It has no known effect in the treatment of acne.