SALT INFORMATIONLevofloxacin(500 mg)
Levofloxacin is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, urinary tract, ear, tooth and prostate gland. It is also used to treat skin and soft tissue infections, anthrax and plague.
How it works
Levofloxacin belongs to a group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones that kills a wide range of infection causing bacteria, both gram positive and gram negative. It acts by inhibiting bacterial DNA formation that is essential for bacterial growth and survival, thereby killing the bacteria.
Common side effects
Muscle pain, Vaginal itching, Diarrhoea, Joint pain, Nausea, Headache, Bruise, Constipation, Stomach pain, Bleeding, Vomiting, Vaginal discharge, Heartburn
- L-CIN 500 TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 9.50/tabletRs. 95save 14% more per tablet
- LEVOFLOX 500 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 10.30/tabletRs. 103save 6% more per tablet
- LEVOMAC 500 MG TABLET(5 tablet in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 6.54/tabletRs. 32.71save 41% more per tablet
- LOXOF 500 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Ranbaxy Laboratories LtdRs. 6.54/tabletRs. 65.41save 41% more per tablet
- LEON 500 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 6.54/tabletRs. 65.42save 41% more per tablet
- Keep out of direct sunlight while taking this medicine to prevent your skin from burning, tingling or severely blistering.
- Take plenty of fluids.
- If you are already taking iron tablets, antacids or sucralfate, take levofloxacin dose at least 2 hours before or after.
- Do not drive, operate dangerous machinery or have similar activities if you feel that your ability to concentrate and react is impaired after taking levofloxacin.
- Do not give levofloxacin to your children or growing teenagers, it can harm the cartilage of their growing bones.
- Do not use levofloxacin eye drop to treat any problem in eye that has not been checked by your doctor.
- consult your doctor before taking this drug, If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Does levofloxacin/ L-cin 500/ Levomac/ Levoday/ Levobact contain penicillin or sulpha?
No, levofloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha.
Q. Is levofloxacin gluten free?
Yes, levofloxacin sold as generic is gluten free.
Q. Is levofloxacin the same as ciprofloxacin?
They belong to same class of antibiotics, but are different drugs.
Q. Is levofloxacin a narcotic?
No. Levofloxacin is not a narcotic drug.
Q. Can I take levofloxacin for sore throat, tonsil and strep throat?
Yes. Levofloxacin can be used to treat sore throat, tonsillitis and strep throat infections. Please consult your doctor before taking drug.
Q. Can I take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin?
Yes. You can take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Q. Does levofloxacin cover Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
No. Levofloxacin is not effective against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
Q. Does levofloxacin affect birth control?
No. Levofloxacin does not affect birth control pills. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.