food interaction for LOXOF AZ
alcohol interaction for LOXOF AZ
pregnancy interaction for LOXOF AZ
lactation interaction for LOXOF AZ
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR LOXOF AZ
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR LOXOF AZ 500 MG/500 MG TABLET
Patients taking LOXOF AZ 500 MG/500 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR LOXOF AZ
- LEVOMAC AZ TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 29.04/tabletRs. 145.20pay 6% more per tablet
- ZITHROX LX 500 MG/500 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 26.40/tabletRs. 132save 3% more per tablet
- AZIFINE L 500MG/500MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 28/tabletRs. 140pay 3% more per tablet
- XUV 500 MG/500 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Medley PharmaceuticalsRs. 26/tabletRs. 130save 5% more per tablet
- AZIBACT L 500 MG/500 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 23.81/tabletRs. 119.03save 13% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR LOXOF AZ
- Keep out of direct sunlight while taking this medicine to prevent your skin from burning, tingling or severely blistering.
- Take plenty of fluids.
- If you are already taking iron tablets, antacids or sucralfate, take levofloxacin dose at least 2 hours before or after.
- Do not drive, operate dangerous machinery or have similar activities if you feel that your ability to concentrate and react is impaired after taking levofloxacin.
- Do not give levofloxacin to your children or growing teenagers, it can harm the cartilage of their growing bones.
- Do not use levofloxacin eye drop to treat any problem in eye that has not been checked by your doctor.
- consult your doctor before taking this drug, If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR LOXOF AZ
Q. Does levofloxacin/ L-cin 500/ Levomac/ Levoday/ Levobact contain penicillin or sulpha?
No, levofloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha
Q. Is levofloxacin gluten free?
Yes, levofloxacin sold as generic is gluten free
Q. Is levofloxacin the same as ciprofloxacin?
They belong to same class of antibiotics, but are different drugs
Q. Is levofloxacin a narcotic?
No. Levofloxacin is not a narcotic drug
Q. Can I take levofloxacin for sore throat, tonsil and strep throat?
Yes. Levofloxacin can be used to treat sore throat, tonsillitis and strep throat infections. Please consult your doctor before taking drug
Q. Can I take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin?
Yes. You can take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does levofloxacin cover Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
No. Levofloxacin is not effective against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Q. Does levofloxacin affect birth control?
No. Levofloxacin does not affect birth control pills. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.
Q. Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q. Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q. Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.