food interaction for LOPERAMIDE 2MG CAPSULE
alcohol interaction for LOPERAMIDE 2MG CAPSULE
pregnancy interaction for LOPERAMIDE 2MG CAPSULE
lactation interaction for LOPERAMIDE 2MG CAPSULE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LOPERAMIDE 2MG CAPSULE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for LOPERAMIDE 2MG CAPSULE
Patients taking LOPERAMIDE 2MG CAPSULE
- 67%Thrice A Day
- 33%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for LOPERAMIDE 2MG CAPSULE
- IMODIUM 2 MG CAPSULE(4 capsules in strip)Janssen PharmaceuticalsRs. 3.48/capsuleRs. 13.90pay 464% more per capsule
- ROKO 2 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 1.80/capsuleRs. 18pay 192% more per capsule
- DIARLOP 2MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.72/capsuleRs. 17.18pay 179% more per capsule
- LOMID 2MG CAPSULE(100 capsules in packet)Agron Remedies Pvt LtdRs. 0.38/capsuleRs. 37.81save 39% more per capsule
- LOPRAPIL 2 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Psychotropics India LtdRs. 0.56/capsuleRs. 5.56save 10% more per capsule
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for LOPERAMIDE 2MG CAPSULE
- Consult your doctor if you have diarrhea lasting for more than 48 hours.
- Don't use if you have blood in your stool or it's dark or black in color.
- The drug can make you dizzy or drowzy. Avoid driving or operating any heavy machinery when taking this drug.
- Try to drink plenty of fluids. Having diarrhea can make you dehydrated.
- Do not take loperamide if you are allergic to it.
- Do not take this drug if you have blood in your stools or if your stools are dark or black in colour.
- Do not take this drug if you are severly constipated.
Frequently asked questions for LOPERAMIDE 2MG CAPSULE
Q.Is Loperamide safe?
Loperamide is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q.What is loperamide/Imodium/Eldoper used for?
Loperamide/Imodium/Eldoper is used for treating short-term or long-term diarrhea, with or without any associated disease
Q.Can it be used for IBS?
It may be used in few cases of IBS but please consult your doctor before its use
Q.Can I take loperamide with antibiotics, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, ciprofloxacin, desmopressin, ritonavir, quinidine or cotrimoxazole?
Loperamide may be taken simultaneously with antibiotics, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omiprazole or ciprofloxacin. Loperamide might interact with desmopressin, ritonavir, quinidine or cotrimoxazole. Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Does loperamide help in opiate withdrawal?
Loperamide is used in higher doses as a part of opiate withdrawal process. However, do consult your doctor regarding the same
Q.Is loperamide addictive?
No. Loperamide is a safe and non-addictive anti-diarrheal drug
Q.Is it banned or available as over-the-counter drug?
It is not banned but available over the counter in India
Q.Can loperamide/ Impodium be used for stomach cramps, nausea, stomach flu, rota virus diarrhea and gas?
Loperamide may benefit few cases of stomach cramps or nausea associated with diarrhea. It is sometimes used for stomach flu, rota virus diarrhea. It is not used for gas. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.