food interaction for LOMITAS
alcohol interaction for LOMITAS
pregnancy interaction for LOMITAS
lactation interaction for LOMITAS
medicine interaction for LOMITAS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR LOMITAS
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR LOMITAS
- LOMADAY 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 11.15/tabletRs. 111.52save 41% more per tablet
- VIVO 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Exotic Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 1.93/tabletRs. 19.25save 90% more per tablet
- FLOXADAY 400MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.75/tabletRs. 58.50save 48% more per tablet
- SOLOFLOX 400MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Kopran LtdRs. 9.25/tabletRs. 37.01save 51% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR LOMITAS
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease or suffer from fits (epilepsy/seizures).
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking lomefloxacin as it may cause dizziness.
- Avoid excess exposure to sunlight while on this treatment as it may cause increased sensitivity to sunlight. Take lomefloxacin at least 12 hours before exposure to the sun to reduce the risk of sensitivity to the sun.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience severe diarrhea, stomach pain/cramps, or bloody stools.
- Do not take lomefloxacin if you experience pain, swelling, or tearing of a tendon. Take plenty of rest and do not exercise until you feel fine.
- Ensure that medicines such as sucralfate, antacids containing magnesium or aluminium, vitamin/mineral supplements containing zinc or iron are consumed before/after at least 2 hours after taking lomefloxacin.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant/are planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR LOMITAS
Q. What is lomefloxacin hydrochloride?
Lomefloxacin hydrochloride is an antibiotic belonging to the fluoroquinolones group of medicines. It is used to treat infections caused by bacteria in lower respiratory tract (eg. bronchitis) and urinary tract.