food interaction for LOBET (SAM)
alcohol interaction for LOBET (SAM)
pregnancy interaction for LOBET (SAM)
lactation interaction for LOBET (SAM)
medicine interaction for LOBET (SAM)
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR LOBET (SAM)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR LOBET (SAM)
- LABETROY 20MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 70/ML of injectionRs. 280pay 42% more per ML of injection
- LABLOL 20 MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 81.62/ML of injectionRs. 326.50pay 65% more per ML of injection
- LABIL 20MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 67.31/ML of injectionRs. 269.25pay 36% more per ML of injection
- GRAVIDOL 20 MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Mercury Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 70.98/ML of injectionRs. 283.91pay 44% more per ML of injection
- TALOBET 20MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Molekule India Pvt LtdRs. 70/ML of injectionRs. 280pay 42% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR LOBET (SAM)
- Labetalol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Labetalol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Labetalol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Labetalol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions FOR LOBET (SAM)
Q. Is labetalol a blood thinner/ diuretic/ vasodilator/ water pill/ addictive?
Labetalol is not a blood thinner/ diuretic/ vasodilator/ water pill/ addictive. It is a beta blocker used for reduction of blood pressure
Q. Can I take labetalol with ibuprofen/ tylenol/ benadryl/ aspirin/ tums/ paracetamol/ aleve/ Sudafed/ phentermine?
Labetalol is not known to interact with Benadryl (anti-allergy)/ tums (antacid)/ Sudafed (cough medication)/ phentermine (appetite suppressant). Labetalol is known to interact with ibuprofen (pain killer)/ tylenol (pain killer) / aspirin (pain killer)/ paracetamol/ aleve (pain killer). Labetalol interacts with a variety of drugs and hence the doctor's advice must be strictly followed on taking any drug along with it
Q. Does labetalol cause blood sugar/weight gain/affect heart rate/insomnia/weight loss/ constipation/ frequent urination?
Labetalol is known to cause blood sugar/ weight gain/ affect heart rate. It is not usually known to cause insomnia/ weight loss/ constipation/ frequent urination. If any side effect is observed while on therapy with labetalol please inform the doctor immediately.