food interaction for LIVASTAT
alcohol interaction for LIVASTAT
pregnancy interaction for LIVASTAT
lactation interaction for LIVASTAT
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LIVASTAT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LIVASTAT
- PIVASTA 4 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 16.30/tabletRs. 163save 18% more per tablet
- PIVASTA 4MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 67.50/tabletRs. 135pay 238% more per tablet
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for LIVASTAT
- Take Pitavastatin only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Pitavastatin, it may worsen the adverse effects of this medicine on the liver.
- Notify your doctor if you experience unexplained muscle pain or weakness, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Do not take Niacin with Pitavastatin. Niacin may increase Pitavastatin's side effects on the muscles, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any kind of surgery.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for LIVASTAT
Q.Pitavastatin is superior to atorvastatin?
Pitavastatin and atorvastatin are different drugs belonging to the same class of HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (statins) and have the same mechanism of action. Their use in different conditions may vary depending upon individual response and therefore comparison between the two drugs cannot be drawn. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding their use.