Medicine Overview of Lithocent Tablet CR
Side effects of Lithocent Tablet CR
Tremor, Slurred speech, Uncoordinated body movements, Nausea, Acne, Increased white blood cell count, Memory impairment, Hair loss, Enlarged thyroid gland, Skin rash, Increased thirst, Weight gain, Polyuria, Diarrhoea.
How to use Lithocent Tablet CR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR with food.
How Lithocent Tablet CR works
Lithocent 400mg tablet cr works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Lithocent Tablet CR
Expert advice for Lithocent Tablet CR
- Your doctor may ask you to continue Lithocent for a long time. You must not stop taking it or change the dose, without speaking to your doctor first.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 4 hours of the next dose, skip the missed dose (about 6 hours in the case of extended- or slow-release preparations). Never double up doses.
- Despite your inconvenience and discomfort, your Lithocent blood levels, thyroid function, and kidney function need to be monitored as long as you take Lithocent.
- During treatment with Lithocent, it is recommended that you drink about 2 to 3 liter of fluid daily and use normal amounts of salt. Inform your doctor if you start or stop a low-salt diet.
- Avoid sudden change in your diet or fluid intake. If you do go on a diet, your doctor may need to increase the frequency of blood tests.
- Do not start any medicine including herbal or ayurvedic without telling your doctor. As it may significantly change the Lithocent levels.
- Caffeine and alcohol act as diuretics and can lower your Lithocent concentrations.
- If you engage in vigorous exercise or have an illness that causes sweating, vomiting, or diarrhoea, consult your doctor because these might affect Lithocent levels.
- Nausea, constipation, shakiness, increased thirst, frequent urination, weight gain, or swelling of the extremities should be reported to your doctor. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
- Blurred vision, confusion, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, vomiting, muscle weakness, lethargy, shakiness, slurred speech, dizziness, loss of balance, inability to urinate, or seizure could indicate severe toxicity and should prompt immediate medical attention.
Special precautions for Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR
Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR is probably safe to use during lac+more
tation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures)....
Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures).
Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR is probably safe to use in patient+more
s with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Cordarone 150mg Injection 3ml, Eurythmic 150mg Injection, Tachyra 100mg Tablet, Paliris 6mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR
Frequently asked questions for Lithium
Lithocent can be taken to treat depression and anxiety. Do consult your doctor before use
Acetaminophen or aspirin can be taken with Lithocent for headache or pain. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take lithium with ibuprofen, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Benadryl?
Lithium when taken with ibuprofen, fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft) or Benadryl can lead to increased side effects. Do consult your doctor before use
Lithocent can cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired. Lithocent does not make you high.
User Submitted Feedback For Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR
Patients taking Lithocent 400mg Tablet CR
Twice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Lithocent Tablet CR
Lithic 400mg Tablet SR
Icon Life Sciences
Lithonex 400mg Tablet SR
Theo Pharma Pvt Ltd
Lithopik 400mg Tablet SR
Aarpik Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Lalithium 400mg Tablet XR
Lithoril 400mg Tablet SR
Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd