Medicine Overview of Litca Tablet SR
Side effects of Litca Tablet SR
Tremor, Slurred speech, Uncoordinated body movements, Nausea, Acne, Increased white blood cell count, Memory impairment, Hair loss, Enlarged thyroid gland, Skin rash, Increased thirst, Weight gain, Polyuria, Diarrhoea.
How to use Litca Tablet SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Litca 450mg Tablet SR with food.
How Litca Tablet SR works
Litca 450mg tablet sr works by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Litca Tablet SR
Expert advice for Litca Tablet SR
- Your doctor may ask you to continue Litca for a long time. You must not stop taking it or change the dose, without speaking to your doctor first.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is within 4 hours of the next dose, skip the missed dose (about 6 hours in the case of extended- or slow-release preparations). Never double up doses.
- Despite your inconvenience and discomfort, your Litca blood levels, thyroid function, and kidney function need to be monitored as long as you take Litca.
- During treatment with Litca, it is recommended that you drink about 2 to 3 liter of fluid daily and use normal amounts of salt. Inform your doctor if you start or stop a low-salt diet.
- Avoid sudden change in your diet or fluid intake. If you do go on a diet, your doctor may need to increase the frequency of blood tests.
- Do not start any medicine including herbal or ayurvedic without telling your doctor. As it may significantly change the Litca levels.
- Caffeine and alcohol act as diuretics and can lower your Litca concentrations.
- If you engage in vigorous exercise or have an illness that causes sweating, vomiting, or diarrhoea, consult your doctor because these might affect Litca levels.
- Nausea, constipation, shakiness, increased thirst, frequent urination, weight gain, or swelling of the extremities should be reported to your doctor. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
- Blurred vision, confusion, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, vomiting, muscle weakness, lethargy, shakiness, slurred speech, dizziness, loss of balance, inability to urinate, or seizure could indicate severe toxicity and should prompt immediate medical attention.
Special precautions for Litca 450mg Tablet SR
Litca 450mg Tablet SR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Litca 450mg Tablet SR is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Litca 450mg Tablet SR is probably safe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Litca 450mg Tablet SR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Litca 450mg Tablet SR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures)....
Litca 450mg Tablet SR may make you feel sleepy, tired or dizzy. Litca 450mg Tablet SR may also cause other effects that can make it dangerous to drive such as numbness, paralysis, weakness or fits (seizures).
Litca 450mg Tablet SR should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Litca 450mg Tablet SR may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Litca 450mg Tablet SR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Litca 450mg Tablet SR is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Litca 450mg Tablet SR is probably safe to use in patients wi+more
th liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Litca 450mg Tablet SR may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Cordarone 150mg Injection 3ml, Eurythmic 150mg Injection, Risperdal 3 Tablet, Serenace 5mg Injection 1ml
Frequently asked questions for Litca 450mg Tablet SR
Frequently asked questions for Lithium
Litca can be taken to treat depression and anxiety. Do consult your doctor before use
Acetaminophen or aspirin can be taken with Litca for headache or pain. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take lithium with ibuprofen, Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Benadryl?
Lithium when taken with ibuprofen, fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), sertraline (Zoloft) or Benadryl can lead to increased side effects. Do consult your doctor before use
Litca can cause weight gain, acne, constipation, make you tired. Litca does not make you high.
User Submitted Feedback For Litca 450mg Tablet SR
Patients taking Litca 450mg Tablet SR
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Substitutes for Litca Tablet SR
Lithicab 450mg Tablet SR
Tas Med India Pvt Ltd
Lithic 450mg Tablet SR
Icon Life Sciences
Alkalith 450mg Tablet CR
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Zecarb 450mg Tablet SR
Lithowel 450mg Tablet CR