SALT INFORMATIONAtorvastatin(10 mg)
Atorvastatin is used to treat patients with elevated cholesterol, triglyceride or lipoprotein levels in blood, and to reduce the risk of heart diseases, even when blood cholesterol is normal.
How it works
Atorvastatin blocks the action of the enzyme (HMG-CoA reductase) that is required for the production of cholesterol in the body. It thus lowers the level of blood lipids such as cholesterol and triglycerides.
Common side effects
Fever, Extreme tiredness, Confusion and forgetfulness, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion, Muscle pain, Lack of energy, Joint pain, Diarrhea
How it works
Common side effects
Pain in upper central abdomen, Nausea and/or vomiting, Back/ joint or pain in arms and legs, Blistering and peeling of skin, Constipation and diarrhea, Extreme weakness, Abdominal or stomach pain, Abnormally high fever, Muscle pain, Heartburn, Andheadache
- ATORVASTATIN 10MG + FENOFIBRATES 160MG TABLET(15 Tablet in Strip)Jan AushadhiRs. 1.63/TabletRs. 24.39save 89% more per Tablet
- TONACT-TG-10 TABLET(15 Tablet in Strip)Lupin LtdRs. 16.60/TabletRs. 249pay 16% more per Tablet
- STATOR F 10MG/160MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 9.33/TabletRs. 93.30save 35% more per Tablet
- LIPICURE TG 10MG/160MG TABLET(15 tablet in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 15.07/tabletRs. 226pay 5% more per tablet
- FIBROVAS 10MG/160MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 14.70/TabletRs. 147pay 3% more per Tablet
- Consult your doctor if you feel sudden muscle pain, weakness or fever
- Consult your doctor if you notice dark colored urine or yellowing of eyes or skin
- Avoid intake of excess fat containing food, it may reduce the effectiveness of atorvastatin.
- Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice, it may interact and lead to potentially dangerous effect.
- Talk to your doctor if you have had a previous stroke with bleeding into the brain
- Consult your doctor if you have kidney problems, under-active thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), a personal or family history of muscle problems
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20? Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels. Q. Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin? Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response.Q. Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor? No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins.Q. It atorvastatin gluten free? Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.Q. Is it a blood thinner? No. it is a lipid lowering drug.Q. Is atorvastatin safe? Atorvastatin is relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. If you are a pregnant or lactating female, please consult your doctor before taking the drug.Q. Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin? Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.