food interaction for LHD
alcohol interaction for LHD
pregnancy interaction for LHD
lactation interaction for LHD
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LHD
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for LHD 5 MG TABLET
Patients taking LHD 5 MG TABLET
- 100%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for LHD
- DYTOR 5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 2.47/tabletRs. 37pay 36% more per tablet
- TIDE 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.30/tabletRs. 23pay 27% more per tablet
- RETORLIX 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 2.20/tabletRs. 22pay 21% more per tablet
- TORSID 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.83/tabletRs. 18.30pay 1% more per tablet
- TORGET 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 2.35/tabletRs. 23.50pay 29% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for LHD
- Inform your doctor about the other medications that you are taking, especially if they are drugs for controlling blood pressure or diabetes, or if you are taking corticosteroids.
- Continue taking the medicine even if you start feeling well. Do not stop taking the drug without consulting your doctor.
- Check your blood pressure one week after starting the drug and consult your doctor if it has not improved.
- Do not take torasemide if you are allergic to it or to drugs of the sulfonylurea class used to treat diabetes (e.g. glibenclamide, glipizide).
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for LHD
Q.What is Dytor and what is it used for?
Dytor (Torasemide) is a drug from “Loop diuretic” class which is used to manage high blood pressure, swelling in the body (edema), especially in liver, kidney or heart failure
Q.Is torasemide safe?
Torasemide is a relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose and for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does torasemide have any serious side effects?
Torasemide is known to cause liver toxicity and increase in blood urea, creatinine and cholesterol values in rare cases.