SALT INFORMATIONLevetiracetam(500 mg)
Levetiracetam is used to treat certain type of seizures like partial onset seizures, tonic-clonic or myoclonic in people with epilepsy.
How it works
Levetiracetam belongs to a class of medication called anti-convulsants. It works by decreasing abnormal excitation of the brain.
Common side effects
Headache, Vertigo, Anxiety, Constipation, Sleepiness, Cough, Aggravation of depression, Aggression, Nausea, Apathy, Psychosis, Asthenia, Hair loss
- LEVERA 500MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.50/tabletRs. 125pay 6% more per tablet
- EPILIVE-500 TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Lupin LtdRs. 13.20/TabletRs. 132pay 12% more per Tablet
- TORLEVA 500MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12/TabletRs. 120pay 2% more per Tablet
- LEVESAM 500MG TABLET(15 Tablet in Strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 13.47/TabletRs. 202pay 14% more per Tablet
- LEVROXA 500MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Ranbaxy Laboratories LtdRs. 14.30/TabletRs. 143pay 21% more per Tablet
- You can experience drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, or respiratory infections while on this drug.
- If you start having skin rashes or changes in your mood, tell your doctor immediately.
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to levetiracetam or any of the other ingredients of the tablet.
- Do not stop taking levetiracetam without talking to your doctor, even if you experience side effects such as unusual changes in behavior or mood. If you suddenly stop taking levetiracetam, your seizures may become worse.
- Consult your doctor before taking levetiracetam if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
- It should not be given to a child who is lesser than 1 month old.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is levetiracetam a steroid/ MAOI /narcotic/ controlled substance/ opiate/ a psychotropic/ a benzodiazepine?
Levetiracetam belongs to a class of medication called anticonvulsants. It is not a steroid/ MAOI/ narcotic/ controlled substance/ opiate/ psychotropic/ benzodiazepine. It is structurally similar to prototypical nootropic drug piracetam.
Q. Is levetiracetam same as Keppra?
Yes, Keppra is the brand name of the drug levetiracetam.
Q. Does levetiracetam contain acetaminophen?
Levetiracetam does not contain acetaminophen.
Q. Is levetiracetam an enzyme inducer?
The exact mechanism of action is unclear, but it is believed to be acting like a neuromodulator.
Q. Does levetiracetam cause memory loss/ tiredness/ constipation/ weight gain/ hairloss/acne?
The common side effects of levetiracetam are tiredness, memory loss, and constipation. However, levetiracetam causing the side effects such as weight gain, hair loss acne are not known. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q. Should levetiracetam be taken by pregnant women?
Levetiracetam should not be taken by pregnant women without doctor’s advice. It should be taken only as per the doctor’s instructions.
Q. Can I take ibuprofen or paracetamol with levetiracetam?
There are no known drug-drug interactions between levetiracetam and paracetamol/ ibuprofen. But doctor’s advice should be followed about taking both the medications together.