Medicine Overview of Levemir Flexpen
Side effects of Levemir Flexpen
Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction.
How to use Levemir Flexpen
Your doctor or nurse will use this device to give medicine. You or your care giver may be taught on how to use this device at home.
How Levemir Flexpen works
Levemir flexpen is a long-acting insulin, keeps working for 24 hours after injection. It works similar to insulin produced by the body. Insulin facilitates reuptake of glucose in muscle and fat cell and also block the release of glucose from the liver.
In Depth Information on Levemir Flexpen
Expert advice for Levemir Flexpen
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of heart problems (e.g, heart failure), kidney or liver problems, nerve problems adrenal, pituitary, or thyroid problems; or diabetic ketoacidosis (a life-threatening condition that develops when cells in the body are unable to get the sugar they need for energy because there is not enough insulin).
- Ensure that you do not take too much insulin, skip a meal, or exercise too much as this may lead to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels with symptoms such as shakiness, nervousness or anxiety, sweating, chills and clamminess, irritability, confusion, nausea etc).
- Exercise caution to prevent from developing a fever or infection, do not eat more than prescribed, or miss your dose of insulin as this may cause hyperglycemia (high blood sugar levels with symptoms such as confusion, drowsiness, or feeling thirsty, flushing etc).
- You will be regularly monitored for blood glucose levels or hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) while taking insulin detemir.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take insulin detemir cartridges before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care or surgery.
- Inform your doctor if you use 3 or more insulin injections per day.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking insulin detemir as it may cause dizziness, light-headedness, or blurred vision.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with insulin detemir, as it may worsen its side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to insulin detemir or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from episodes of low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia).
Special precautions for Levemir Flexpen
Taking Insulin detemir with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
Levemir Flexpen is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Levemir Flexpen is safe to use during lactation. Human stud+more
ies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Levemir Flexpen may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Levemir Flexpen is probably unsafe to use in patients with k+more
idney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor....
Levemir Flexpen is probably unsafe to use in patients with l+more
iver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Eldapril 10mg Tablet, Preventopril 5mg Tablet, Ramipres 1.25mg Tablet, Dilvas 2.5mg Tablet
User Submitted Feedback For Levemir 100IU Flexpen
Patients taking Levemir Flexpen
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A week
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?
Substitutes for Levemir
No substitutes found for this medicine