food interaction for LENZEST
alcohol interaction for LENZEST
pregnancy interaction for LENZEST
lactation interaction for LENZEST
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LENZEST
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LENZEST
- LENALID MF 25 MG CAPSULE(30 capsules in strip)Natco Pharma LtdRs. 616.71/capsuleRs. 18501.20pay 5% more per capsule
- LENANGIO 25 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 704.76/capsuleRs. 7047.62pay 20% more per capsule
- LENOMUST 25MG CAPSULE(30 capsules in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 576.92/capsuleRs. 17307.70save 2% more per capsule
- LENOME 25 MG CAPSULE(30 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 571.43/capsuleRs. 17142.90save 3% more per capsule
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for LENZEST
- You may be monitored with regular blood tests before and during the treatment as lenalidomide may cause a fall in the white blood cells and platelets, required to fight infection and blood clotting.
- Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury and avoid contact with people who have colds or infections.
- You should not donate blood, semen or serum during treatment and for 4 week after the end of treatment.
- You may be at risk of developing acute myelogenous leukemia, Hodgkin lymphoma tumor lysis syndrome, fatal liver problems, severe skin reactions and fatal heart problems during treatment with lenalidomide. You should discuss in advance the benefits and risks of taking lenalidomide.
- Lenalidomide is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years.
- You should use proper contraceptive methods at least 4 weeks before, during and until 4 weeks after stopping treatment.
- Woman of childbearing potential will be required to undergo pregnancy tests before, every 4 weeks and after the treatment.
- You should inform your doctor or dentist that you take lenalidomide before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Do not drive or operate machines while taking lenalidomide as it may make you feel dizzy, tired, sleepy or have blurred vision.
Frequently asked questions for LENZEST
Q.What is lenalidomide/ What is lenalidomide used for / is lenalidomide a chemotherapy drug/ a cytotoxic?
Lenalidomide an immunomodulatory and an antiangiogenic agent andis used to treat multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes and mantle cell lymphoma in certain patients. It is a chemotherapy-like drug and has the same cytotoxic effects as chemotherapy drugs as in to kill myeloma cells but the mechanism of action is different
Q.How is lenalidomide administered?
Lenalidomide is administered orally as a capsule
Q.How does lenalidomide work?
Lenalidomide works by affecting the body's immune system and directly attacking the cancer cells
Q.Does lenalidomide cause hair loss?
Hair loss could be a side effect of using lenalidomide. Always consult your doctor before its use.