SALT INFORMATIONMontelukast(10 mg)
Montelukast is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal and year round allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-induced asthma.
How it works
Montelukast belong to a class of medicines called leukotriene receptor antagonist (anti-asthmatic drugs). It blocks the action of certain natural substances (leukotrienes) that are involved in causing asthma and allergies. It makes breathing easier by reducing swelling in the airways.
Common side effects
Gastrointesinal symptoms., And headache., Bloody nose, And shortness of breath, Abdominal cramps, Hypersensitive reactions, Tightness of chest, And joint pain., And unusual tiredness, And sweating., General feeling of discomfort or illness, Andheadache., Stuffy nose, Flu like symptoms, Sleep walking
Levocetirizine is used to treat symptoms of allergic conditions such as allergic fever (hay fever), year-round allergies like dust or pet allergies and chronic nettle rash.
How it works
Levocetirizine belongs to a group of medications called antihistamines. It acts by blocking a natural substance (histamine) that is produced in the body during an allergic reaction.
Common side effects
Common: dry mouth, And weakness, Common: sore throat, Cough, And vomiting, Nose bleed, Excessive tiredness
- Do not take montelukast if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to montelukast or any of the other ingredients of montelukast.
- Contact your doctor, if your asthma or breathing gets worse.
- Montelukast is not meant to treat asthma attacks of short duration. If an attack occurs, it is advisable to always have your inhaled rescue medicine with you.
- Take asthma medications prescribed only by doctor. Montelukast should not be substituted for other asthma medications your doctor has prescribed for you.
- Consult your doctor if you get symptoms of flu-like illness, pins and needles or numbness of arms or legs, worsening of respiratory symptoms, and/or rash.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What are the uses of montelukast/ Montek Lc/ Romilast?
Montelukast (also available as Montek Lc/ Romilast) is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-induced asthma.
Q. Is montelukast steroid/antibiotic?
No. Monteleukast is an leukotriene receptor antagonist which is used as an anti-asthmatic drugs.
Q. Is montelukast harmful?
Montelukast is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is montelukast gluten free?
Montelukast is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
Q. Is levocetirizine/ LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet an over the counter?
No.Levecetirozine (also available as LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet) is not an over the counter medication. Prescription from your doctor is always required.
Q. Is levocetirizine gluten free?
Yes.levocetirizine is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
Q. Is levocetirizine a narcotic or steroid?
Levocetirizine belongs to a class of medications called antihistamines. It is not a narcotic or steroid.
Q. Is levocetirizine safe in pregnancy and during breastfeeding?
Levocetirizine is not safe during pregnancy or lactation. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Is levocetirizine a decongestant?
Levocetrizine is used to relieve runny nose; sneezing; and redness, itching, and tearing of the eyes caused by hay fever, seasonal allergies, and allergies due to other substances.