Medicine Overview of Lek Pamidol Infusion
Lek Pamidol 300mg Infusion is used in the treatment of diseases of bone, disease of muscle and disease of organs.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
Iopamidol belongs to a class of drugs known as radiopaque iodinated contrast media. It enhances imaging due to its high iodine content, attenuating the beam of rays during examination.
In Depth Information on Lek Pamidol Infusion
• Keep yourself well hydrated prior to and following iopamidol administration as dehydration may lead to acute kidney dysfunction. .
• Inform your doctor if you have history of liver, kidney, heart or nervous system disease, overactive thyroid, pheochromocytoma, (high blood pressure state due to a tumour in gland near kidney), diabetes or sickle cell disease ( red blood cell disorder).
• Seek immediate medical attention in case if you observe any burning sensation, pain, or swelling at the injection site or if you have vomiting or diarrhea after Iopamidol is administered.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Patients allergic to Iopamidol or any of its ingredients or any other radio-opaque contrast media should not take it.
Lek Pamidol Infusion related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Lek Pamidol 300mg Infusion is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Lek Pamidol 300mg Infusion is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Lek Pamidol 300mg Infusion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Lek Pamidol 300mg Infusion should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lek Pamidol 300mg Infusion may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Lek Pamidol 300mg Infusion should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Lek Pamidol 300mg Infusion may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Not applicable. Lek Pamidol 300mg Infusion is given before imaging test, so it is important to take it at the time as advised by the doctor. If you miss the dose, your test results can be inaccurate.
Frequently asked questions about Lek Pamidol Infusion
Yes. Iodine used in radiological studies does involves radioactivity
Q. Is Iopamidol water soluble?
Yes. Iopamidol is a water soluble iodinated contrast agent
Lek pamidol contains iodine, works by enhancing contrasts to body parts and fluids. Lek pamidol improves the images obtained during a CT scan, so your doctor can more easily diagnose your condition.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Lek Pamidol 300mg Infusion: ANT, FGH, EQN, NTL, UMP, VNS, RDR, GPT, BNT, MBP, SHC, IPL, PHN, NTB, OIP, BAL, BLE, BRC, DGN, MSD, QTM, SWP, NNP, AYU, DPP, PWN, RSA, AWS, DZY, PTI, TNH, SGH, ZPR, HSM, BGS, BHA, TRP, KHH, SJP, NDP, BBS, QLF, TOM, GNC, HMP, SAF, 4IT, USF, HZF, ADT, KHC, KMC, EMB, IAD, JVO, SYN, BHM, HSP, CHP, JBT, GTC, RPP, ABP, OHM, BIO, BMJ, HBV, HAT, VDH, VRS, NXG, SRG, SSA, ANP, VJS, LHA, SWT, BBN, PRT, PPR, THP, PRL, RUS, AGT, NSL, GTK, PRN, AVL, CLT, RWP, NVL, HIP, 9T9, AAY, RHW, TFP, HTS, ATL, MAK, HCP, PMA, OWP, MKT, SDM, ESY, BNA, RJH, MMS, DVH, DHP, BLS, HGI, AAR, NNH, ZEL, ZVP, DHR, DFP, BLP, GHR, SLN, NVY, NAS, DAO, HPC, KAL, MDH, JHC, BAP, SWA, RHL, JJE, MPC, DPL, ATP, MLC, PLT, RSS, JVN, HNP, SMN, UBL, BSN, PNT, WHL, ARD, DLP, MDO, RKS, SGC, MAX, UHP, HEX, DYG, WSI, OLT, GBL, BHP, EPS, JSL, KNH, TSS, SBA, RDH, MAM, BDN, EAN, CRN, PEN, SHD, ENP, MAP, SBL, RPI, PVP, 9MM, AVS, SPD, SVH, GPP, LMS, STA, AMR, JIV, SCH, KIS, AYM, LCC, BTM, BHS, SVS