food interaction for LCZ-COLD
alcohol interaction for LCZ-COLD
pregnancy interaction for LCZ-COLD
lactation interaction for LCZ-COLD
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LCZ-COLD
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LCZ-COLDNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for LCZ-COLD
- Use levocetirizine with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- It is best to take the drug at bedtime as it can make you drowzy.
- Do not take levocetirizine if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to levocetirizine.
- Take special care with levocetirizine and follow the advice of your doctor: if you suffer from epilepsy or are in any risk of having fits. if you suffer from kidney failure, because you may require a lower dosage.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking drugs like antidepressants; medications for anxiety, mental illness, or seizures; ritonavir; sedatives; sleeping pills; theophylline; and tranquilizers, as it may worsen the side effects.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Levocetrizine can cause drowsiness. Avoid engaging in hazardous occupations requiring complete mental alertness such as driving or operating machinery when taking.
- Do not take alcohol with cetirizine, as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions for LCZ-COLD
Q.Is levocetirizine/ LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet an over the counter?
No.Levecetirozine (also available as LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet) is not an over the counter medication. Prescription from your doctor is always required
Q.Is levocetirizine gluten free?
Yes.levocetirizine is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Is levocetirizine a narcotic or steroid?
Levocetirizine belongs to a class of medications called antihistamines. It is not a narcotic or steroid
Q.Is levocetirizine a decongestant?
Levocetrizine is used to relieve runny nose; sneezing; and redness, itching, and tearing of the eyes caused by hay fever, seasonal allergies, and allergies due to other substances.
Q.Is phenylephrine an antibiotic/a stimulant/an NSAID/ does phenylephrine work/ does phenylephrine makes your nose run/ does phenylephrine has aspirin in it?
Phenylephrine is not an antibiotic, stimulant, NSAID, but a decongestant and is used to relieve blocked nose. Phenylephrine works for most of the patients if taken as recommended. It does not have aspirin in it
Q.Can i take phenylephrine with ibuprofen/pseudoephedrine/citalopram/Nyquil/ acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ Zyrtec/ Flonase/ Advil?
Drug interaction with any of the above mentioned drugs is not documented, but it can occur. Always follow your doctor’s advice before taking any medicine with phenylephrine
Q.Can i take phenylephrine with high blood pressure?
Do not take phenylephrine with high blood pressure
Q.Is phenylephrine the same as Sudafed?
No, phenylephrine is not same as Sudafed which contains pseudoephedrine.