Substitutes for LANTUS CARTRIDGE
GLARITUS 100IU CARTRIDGE
₹174.17/ML of cartridge
BASUGINE 100IU CARTRIDGE
₹180.33/ML of cartridge
LANTUS 100IU CARTRIDGE 3ML
Sanofi India Ltd
Medicine Overview of LANTUS CARTRIDGE
Side effects of LANTUS CARTRIDGE
Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction.
How to use LANTUS CARTRIDGE
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. You or your care giver may be taught on how to use this medicine at home.
How LANTUS CARTRIDGE works
Lantus 100iu cartridge 3ml is a long-acting insulin, keeps working for 24 hours after injection. It works similar to insulin produced by the body. Insulin facilitates reuptake of glucose in muscle and fat cell and also block the release of glucose from the liver.
In Depth Information on LANTUS CARTRIDGE
Expert advice for LANTUS CARTRIDGE
- Take special precautions while taking insulin glargine if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or breastfeeding; if you are suffering from kidney or liver problems; diabetes
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking insulin
- Stop and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience any allergic reactions such as redness, swelling, rash and itching at the injection site, rash, itching or hives on the skin, wheezing or difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body; or experiencing low blood sugar levels as seen by symptoms such as cold sweat; cool pale skin, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, temporary changes in vision, drowsiness, unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor, feeling anxious, feeling confused, difficulty in concentrating.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, that you are using insulin glargine.
- Insulin glargine preparations are meant to be injected under the layer of skin. Do not inject it into a vein or a muscle
- Injection sites must be rotated between upper arm (deltoid), abdominal, buttocks and thigh area from one injection to the next, such that each site of prick is used not more than once in 1 to 2 weeks; this is to reduce the skin changes at injection site.
- Do not dilute or mix two preparations of insulin or insulin glargine. Also be aware that any change in strength, manufacturer, type, origin, or method of preparation may warrant a change in dose.
- Do not use if insulin glargine preparations is no longer clear and colorless or if it contains particles.
- Read and follow the instructions provided with the insulin glargine vial/container, for loading a cartridge, attaching a needle, performing a safety test and administering the insulin injection.
- If you experience any symptoms of hypoglycemia (such as cold sweat; cool pale skin, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, temporary changes in vision, drowsiness, unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor, feeling anxious, feeling confused, difficulty in concentrating) you need to raise your blood sugar urgently by eating sugars or carbohydrates.
- Precaution must be taken while driving or handling machines as your ability to concentrate or react may be reduced if you suffer from low/high blood sugar levels or you have problems with your sight.
Special precautions for LANTUS 100IU CARTRIDGE 3ML
Taking Insulin Glargine with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Lantus 100iu cartridge 3ml may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Lantus 100iu cartridge 3ml is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ELDAPRIL 10MG TABLET, PREVENTOPRIL 5MG TABLET, RAMIPRES 1.25MG TABLET, DILVAS 2.5MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for LANTUS 100IU CARTRIDGE
Frequently asked questions for Insulin Glargine
Q. Does insulin glargine/ Lantus insulin peak?
No, insulin glargine, whose action is steady and prolonged, has a relatively constant concentration time profile over 24 hours with no peaks
Q. Does insulin glargine/ Lantus insulin come in a pen?
Yes, insulin glargine is available in a pen style formulation
Q. Is insulin glargine/ Lantus insulin long acting?
Yes, insulin glargine has a relatively constant concentration time profile over 24 hours hence it is long acting
Q. How does insulin glargine work?
Insulin glargine is modified artificially prepared insulin (equivalent to human insulin) which is completely soluble in acidic pH of the glargine solution. Insulin glargine acts by replacing the normal production of insulin and by helping transfer sugar from the blood into other body tissues where it is utilized to generate energy. It also stops the liver from producing more sugar. After the injection of insulin glargine into the subcutaneous tissue (upper layer of skin), the acidic solution is neutralized leading to formation of micro particles (micro-precipitates) from which small amounts of insulin glargine are continuously released, providing a prolonged duration of action of insulin. Insulin glargine solutions have long and steady blood-sugar-lowering action
Q. How much does insulin glargine cost?
The cost of insulin glargine depends upon the various brands available in the market. Please read details on the package for the correct price of the produc
Q. Does insulin glargine/ Lantus insulin need to be refrigerated?
Unopened cartridges of insulin glargine/ Lantus must be stored in a refrigerator where the temperature is between 2 - 8°C. When the cartridge has been inserted into the injection pen, the cartridge pen combination should not be put in the refrigerator and should be kept at room temperature
Q. Does insulin glargine/ Lantus insulin cause weight gain?
There are no known effects of insulin glargine/lantus on weight gai
Q. Does insulin glargine/ Lantus insulin cause cancer?
There are no known effects of insulin glargine/ Lantus on causing cancer
Q. What is insulin glargine/ Lantus used for?
Insulin glargine/ Lantus is used to reduce high blood sugar (glucose) levels in people with diabetes mellitus. Insulin glargine is used to treat type 1 diabetes (condition in which the body does not produce insulin) and type 2 diabetes (condition in which the body does not use insulin normally)
Q. Is insulin glargine/ Lantus synthetic?
Yes, Insulin glargine is a genetically modified insulin that is grown in a laboratory, and is similar to human insulin
Q. Is insulin glargine/ Lantus safe?
Yes, insulin glargine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can insulin glargine/ Lantus be mixed?
Insulin glargine/ Lantus solution must not be mixed with any other glargine or insulin preparation. Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage, frequency, duration, or use of any concomitant medications
Q. How is insulin glargine/ Lantus made?
Insulin glargine/Lantus is produced by recombinant DNA technology with the help of a non-pathogenic (non-disease causing) laboratory strain of bacteria (Escherichia coli [K12]) as the production organism
Q. Is Lantus insulin (insulin glargine) the same as Levemir (insulin detemir)?
Both Lantus and Levemir are both long lasting forms of insulin (made by recombinant DNA technology) and are similar to human insulin. However, the duration of Levemir is slightly shorter than Lantus
Q. Is insulin glargine/ Lantus clear or cloudy?
Insulin glargine/ Lantus solutions should be clear. Do not use if insulin glargine preparations is no longer clear and colorless or if it contains particles.
User Submitted Feedback For LANTUS 100IU CARTRIDGE
Patients taking LANTUS 100IU CARTRIDGE 3ML
Once A Day
Thrice A week
Twice A Day
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?