Substitutes for Lamictin Tablet DT
Lamictal 25mg Tablet DT
Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Lamitor 25mg Tablet DT
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Lametec 25mg Tablet DT
Lamidus 25mg Tablet DT
Lamiace 25mg Tablet DT
Kivi Labs Ltd
Medicine Overview of Lamictin Tablet DT
Uses of Lamictin Tablet DT
Lamictin 25mg Tablet DT is used in seizures and mania.
Side effects of Lamictin Tablet DT
Skin rash, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dry mouth, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Sleepiness, Joint pain, Dizziness, Back pain, Irritability, Weight loss, Agitation, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Tremor.
How to use Lamictin Tablet DT
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Dissolve it in a glass of water before taking it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Lamictin 25mg Tablet DT at a fixed time.
How Lamictin Tablet DT works
Lamictin 25mg tablet dt is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on Lamictin Tablet DT
Expert advice for Lamictin Tablet DT
- Do not start lamotrigine and consult your doctor if have kidney problems, Parkinson’s disease (movement disorder) have had rash or meningitis after taking lamotrigine or any medicines for epilepsy or bipolar disorder.
- Ask for medical advice if you get suicidal thoughts, frequency of fits increases or worsens, or if you suffer from allergic reaction, life-threatening skin reaction, Stevens-Johnson syndrome (serious, widespread, allergic reaction with a rash involving the skin and internal lining of the organs), extensive peeling of skin (toxic epidermal necrolysis), ulcers in mouth, throat or genitals, sore mouth, red or swollen eyes, high temperature, flu like symptoms, drowsiness, swelling around face, swollen glands in neck, unexpected bleeding or bruising, sore throat, increased liver enzymes, increased white blood cells, reduced red blood cells, enlarged lymph after taking lamotrigine.
- Lamotrigine is not a recommended treatment for bipolar disorder in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you feel well as lamotrigine can cause dizziness and blurred vision.
- Do not stop taking lamotrigine until your doctor advises to do so and do not stop it abruptly.
Special precautions for Lamictin 25mg Tablet DT
Lamictin 25mg Tablet DT may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Lamictin 25mg Tablet DT may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Lamictin 25mg Tablet DT is probably safe to use during lacta+more
tion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Lamictin 25mg Tablet DT may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Lamictin 25mg Tablet DT is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Mezolam 7.5mg Injection, Medzol 1mg Injection, Anzilum 0.5mg Tablet, Anxil 25mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Lamotrigine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Lamictin 25mg Tablet DT
Frequently asked questions for Lamotrigine
Lamictin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Lamictin is not narcotic, benzo. Lamictin can be used to treat psychosis and depression
Lamictin is not a benzodiazepine or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Lamictal is the brand name of Lamictin
Q. Can lamotrigine be taken with ibuprofen, tramadol, pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), paracetamol (Tylenol), alprazolam (Xanax), gabapentin, Nyquil, Benadryl or Mucinex?
Lamotrigine when taken with ibuprofen, benadryl, tramadol, pseudoephedrine, paracetamol, alprazolam, gabapentin, Nyquil or guaifenesin (Mucinex) can lead to increased side effect
Q. Does Lamictin get you high, cause insomnia, acne, anxiety, headache, diarrhea, erectile dysfunction or tremors?
Lamictin can cause insomnia, acne, anxiety, headache, diarrhea, erectile dysfunction and tremors.