Medicine Overview of Lacrimos Gel
Uses of Lacrimos Gel
Lacrimos 1% Gel is used in the treatment of dry eye disease.
Side effects of Lacrimos Gel
Allergic reaction, Blurred vision, Eye discharge, Eye irritation, Eye itching, Eye pain, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Increased production of tears, Eye redness, Visual impairment.
How to use Lacrimos Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Lacrimos Gel works
Lacrimos 1% gel is an artificial tear and moistens the surface of the eye (including artificial eyes) in the same way as natural tears.
In Depth Information on Lacrimos Gel
Expert advice for Lacrimos Gel
- Do consult your doctor immediately: If you develop eye pain, If you develop headache, If your vision changes, If redness or irritation in the eye persists or worsens.
- Eye drops of other medications should be administered 15 min before using carboxymethylcellulose eye drops.
- Remove your contact lenses before use of carboxymethylcellulose eye drops and wait for at least 15 min before you insert them again.
- Carboxymethylcellulose eye drops are intended to be used for the eyes only.
- Do not touch the eyelids or surrounding areas with the dropper tip of the eye drop bottle, to avoid contamination.
- Do not use the eye drop if it changes color or becomes cloudy, In case of single-use container, ensure that the container is intact and use immediately after opening you may experience brief blurring of vision immediately upon use of carboxymethylcellulose eye drops. Wait until vision has cleared before driving or operating machinery.
- Do consult your doctor before using carboxymethylcellulose if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Lacrimos 1% Gel
No interaction found
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Lacrimos 1% Gel du+more
ring lactation. Please consult your doctor....
Lacrimos 1% Gel may cause blurring of your vision for a shor+more
t time just after its use. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Lacrimos 1% Gel is probably safe to use in patients with kid+more
ney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lacrimos 1% Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Lacrimos 1% Gel is probably safe to use in patients with liv+more
er disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lacrimos 1% Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Carboxymethylcellulose, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Lacrimos 1%w/v Gel
Frequently asked questions for Carboxymethylcellulose
Lacrimos belongs to a class of medicines called eye lubricants or artificial tears. It is used in the treatment of dry eye symptoms such as soreness, burning, irritation and discomfort.
Yes. Lacrimos is safe when used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Lacrimos 1%w/v Gel
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Lacrimos
No substitutes found for this medicine