food interaction for LACONEXT
alcohol interaction for LACONEXT
pregnancy interaction for LACONEXT
lactation interaction for LACONEXT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LACONEXT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LACONEXT
- LACOSAM 50 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.30/tabletRs. 53pay 16% more per tablet
- LACOSET 50 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.70/tabletRs. 57pay 25% more per tablet
- ICTROL 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.90/tabletRs. 49pay 8% more per tablet
- SEIZGARD 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)UCB India Pvt LtdRs. 11.44/tabletRs. 114.37pay 151% more per tablet
- LACOTIDE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.90/tabletRs. 49pay 8% more per tablet
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Amit AroraMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Namit GuptaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Isha ShuklaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for LACONEXT
- Seek immediate medical attention if you get the thought of harming or killing yourself.
- Consult your doctor if you have mental disorders, heart problems, if you are pregnant, or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as lacosamide may cause dizziness and unsteady movements (ataxia).
- Do not take alcohol with lacosamide as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for LACONEXT
Q.Is lacosamide a controlled substance, or narcotic?
Lacosamide is not a controlled substance or narcotic. It is the drug used in treatment of epilepsy or convulsions
Q.Where is lacosamide absorbed?
Lacosamide is absorbed from stomach and intestine when taken orally
Q.What class is lacosamide?
Lacosamide belongs to the class of medication called anticonvulsants
Q.What is it used for?
Lacosamide is used as monotherapy or in combination with other antiepileptic medications to treat partial-onset seizure (fits due to involvement of only one side of brain)
Q.How does lacosamide work?
Lacosamide is an anticonvulsant drug. It stabilizes the hyper-excited nerve fibers, thereby slowing abnormal nerve impulses in brain
Q.How effective is lacosamide?
Lacosamide is effective in treatment of partial-onset seizure (fits due to involvement of only one side of brain). But effect may vary depending on the individuals taking the medicine. Please follow the doctor's advice regarding the use of this medicine.