food interaction for LABMOX
alcohol interaction for LABMOX
pregnancy interaction for LABMOX
lactation interaction for LABMOX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LABMOX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LABMOX
- NOVAMOX 100 REDIUSE DROP(10 ML drop in packet)Cipla LtdRs. 3.85/ML of dropRs. 38.50pay 218% more per ML of drop
- NOVAMOX PAED 100 MG DROP(10 ML drop in packet)Cipla LtdRs. 3.70/ML of dropRs. 37pay 206% more per ML of drop
- TRIMOX 100MG DROPS(10 ML drop in packet)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 2.50/ML of dropRs. 25pay 107% more per ML of drop
- OSPAMOX 100 MG DROP(10 ML drop in packet)Novartis India LtdRs. 1/ML of dropRs. 10save 17% more per ML of drop
- MOX REDIMIX 100MG DROP(10 ML drop in packet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 3.75/ML of dropRs. 37.50pay 210% more per ML of drop
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for LABMOX
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to amoxicillin or penicillin.
- Take the medicine with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- You may have loose stools while taking this drug. It gets better after finishing the course, If it worsens consult your doctor.
- Amoxicillin can make birth control pills less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control (such as a condom, diaphragm, spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
- Space the doses evenly during the day, at least 4 hours apart.
- Keep taking amoxicillin until the treatment is finished, even if you feel better.
- Do not take amoxicillin for more than 2 weeks or two doses in 1 hour.
- Tell your doctor that you are taking amoxicillin before you go through urine or blood tests for liver function test.
- Consult your doctor before taking amoxicillin if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for LABMOX
Q.Does amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria?
Amoxicillin is active against aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections
Q.Does amoxicillin cause yeast infections?
Amoxicillin is a broad spectrum antibiotic and hence with prolonged use may also kill helpful bacteria in the body that keep the body’s yeast population in check, thereby causing yeast infections
Q.Can I take amoxicillin for sore throat, cold, cough, flu, food poisoning, pseudomonas infection or virus infections?
Amoxicillin is only effective against bacterial infections not viruses. Food poisoning (due to Salmonella), pseudomonas infections, as well as sore throat, cold and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin
Q.Does amoxicillin cause constipation, drowsiness or headache?
No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation, drowsiness or headache. However, consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.How long does novamoxin take to work?
Anywhere between one to seven days but it depends on the type of infection and its severity
Q.Is novamoxin gluten free?
Novamoxin, which contains amoxicillin, is gluten free.