food interaction for KRISTINA V
alcohol interaction for KRISTINA V
pregnancy interaction for KRISTINA V
lactation interaction for KRISTINA V
Avoid Kristina v 1mg injection with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for KRISTINA V
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for KRISTINA VNo substitutes found
Expert advice for KRISTINA V
- In males vinblastine may cause aspermia (lack of semen causing infertility); in females vinblastine may cause amenorrhea (absence of menstruation), which may recover after some duration.
- Take precautions while taking vinblastine as it may cause inflammation of mouth and lips (stomatitis) and neurological toxicity.
- Avoid even accidental contamination of eyes with vinblastine, as it may cause severe irritation.
- Vinblastine may cause acute kidney disease (nephropathy) related to uric acid level.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for KRISTINA V
Q.Is vinblastine a vesicant?
Vinblastine is a vesicant (irritant) and can cause damage to the blood vessels if it is not administered properly
Q.Is vinblastine toxic?
Vinblastine is not toxic, however if given by other route or came in contact with eyes, can cause the harmful effects
Q.How is vinblastine administered?
Vinblastine is administered by intravenous route only
Q.Does vinblastine cause hair loss/infertility?
Vinblastine may cause hair loss/infertility
Q.Where does vinblastine come from/ what plant does vinblastine come from?
Vinblastine is a plant alkaloid comes from the source called Vinca rosea Linn
Q.How does vinblastine prevent mitosis?
Vinblastine prevents mitosis by inhibition of microtubule formation.