food interaction for KOOLISTIN
alcohol interaction for KOOLISTIN
pregnancy interaction for KOOLISTIN
lactation interaction for KOOLISTIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR KOOLISTIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR KOOLISTIN
- ACOSTIN FORTE 2000000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1449.50/injectionRs. 1449.50same price
- COLY MONAS 2000000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1738/injectionRs. 1738pay 20% more per injection
- ZOLINEG 2000000IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Sanofi India LtdRs. 1670/ML of injectionRs. 1670pay 15% more per ML of injection
- ICL 2000000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 1405/injectionRs. 1405save 3% more per injection
- COLINEM FORTE 2000000IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1375/injectionRs. 1375save 5% more per injection
Expert advice FOR KOOLISTIN
- You may be regularly monitored for serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen while on colstin treatment.
- Use with caution if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects kidney) or kidney disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR KOOLISTIN
Q. Is colistin an antibiotic / a bactericidal?
Yes colistin is an antibiotic with bactericidal action
Q. Is colistin broad spectrum antibiotic?
No, colistin belongs to a class of drugs called polymyxin antibiotic
Q. Does colistin cover pseudomonas?
Yes, colistin is effective against pseudomonas.