food interaction for KLACID
alcohol interaction for KLACID
pregnancy interaction for KLACID
lactation interaction for KLACID
medicine interaction for KLACID
Avoid Klacid 500mg injection with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR KLACID
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR KLACID
- CLARIMIN 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 869/injectionRs. 869pay 892% more per injection
- HOSPIMYCIN 500MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 935/ML of injectionRs. 935pay 967% more per ML of injection
- CLARIWOK IV 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 947.41/injectionRs. 947.41pay 982% more per injection
- CRIXAN 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1038.12/injectionRs. 1038.12pay 1085% more per injection
- CLARIGLAN 500MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Gland Pharma LimitedRs. 785.71/ML of injectionRs. 785.71pay 797% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR KLACID
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension and consult your doctor, if you are allergic to clarithromycin or any macrolide antibiotic (ex. azithromycin,).
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not start or continue the clarithromycin tablets/suspension, if you develop severe or prolonged diarrhea during or after receiving clarithromycin.
- If clarithromycin tablets make you feel dizzy, do not drive, operate machinery or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Frequently asked questions FOR KLACID
Q. Is clarithromycin a penicillin, antibiotic, or a fluoroquinolone?
Clarithromycin is a macrolide antibiotic, not a penicillin or fluoroquinolone
Q. Is clarithromycin safe?
Clarithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take clarithromycin for bacterial vaginosis, tooth infection, bladder infection, acne and cystitis?
Clarithromycin can be used to treat bacterial vaginosis unless resistance has not been developed against clindamycin or any macrolide antibiotic (clarithromycin, azithromycin, etc.)
Q. Is clarithromycin gluten free or contain sulfa?
Clarithromycin is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use. Clarithromycin is not a sulfa drug/does not contain sulpha
Q. Can I take clarithromycin with amoxicillin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, metronidazole or Nyquil?
Yes clarithromycin can be taken with amoxicillin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, omeprazole, metronidazole or Nyquil. Always consult your physician before use
Q. Does clarithromycin cause drowsiness, insomnia, or thrush?
Clarithromycin does not cause drowsiness when taken as prescribed. But, it may cause insomnia (sleeplessness) and thrush (infection of mouth caused by candida fungus)
Q. Does clarithromycin affect birth control?
When taken with birth control pills, clarithromycin does not affect birth control.