food interaction for KENZ
alcohol interaction for KENZ
pregnancy interaction for KENZ
lactation interaction for KENZ
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for KENZ
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for KENZ 200 MG TABLET
Patients taking KENZ 200 MG TABLET
- 73%Once A Day
- 14%Twice A Day
- 5%Twice A Week
- 5%Once A Week
- 5%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for KENZ
- PHYTORAL 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 30.40/tabletRs. 304pay 84% more per tablet
- FUNGICIDE 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 30.60/tabletRs. 306pay 85% more per tablet
- HYPHORAL 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 24/tabletRs. 240pay 45% more per tablet
- KEVON TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glowderma Labs Pvt LtdRs. 17.50/tabletRs. 175pay 6% more per tablet
- ECOKET 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Albatross Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 10/tabletRs. 100save 39% more per tablet
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
Expert advice for KENZ
- If you experience allergic reaction, swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing.
- If you experience severe irritation or reddening of the skin where ketoconazole is applied or other signs of allergy during the first few days of treatment.
- If you experience peeling or blistering of the skin.
- Dandruff shampoo may be irritating to eyes and contact with this area should be avoided.
- Consult your doctor if your symptoms have not been relieved within one week of taking ketoconazole.
Frequently asked questions for KENZ
Q.Is ketoconazole/Ketoconazole shampoo safe?
Yes, all medicines (products) containing ketoconazole are safe at the recommended doses or when used at recommended frequency
Q.Is ketoconazole/ ketoconazole cream an antibiotic?
No, ketoconazole is not an antibiotic as it does not kill bacteria. It belongs to triazole class of antifungal agents
Q.Is ketoconazole/ ketoconazole OTC?
No, ketoconazole products are under schedule H and are available on producing a prescription from your doctor
Q.What is ketoconazole/ketoconazole cream/Phytoral ointment used for?
Ketoconazole containing products such as creams and Phytoral ointments are used to treat fungal infections of the skin such as tinea corporis (ring worm), tinea cruris (fungal infections of the groin or buttocks), tinea pedis (fungal infection of the foot [athlete's foot]), tinea manus (fungal infection of the hand)
Q.Can I take ketoconazole with amoxicillin, ibuprofen, Tylenol (paracetamo), omeprazole, Benadryl (cough preparation)?
There are no known serious drug interactions between ketoconazole and drugs such as ibuprofen, Tylenol (paracetamol), Benadryl (cough preparation). It may interact with amoxicillin and omeprazole, where the absorption of ketoconazole may be reduced. Consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on ketoconazole
Q.Can ketoconazole cause hair loss?
Yes, ketoconazole may rarely cause some hair loss
Q.Can ketoconazole prevent hair loss?
No, ketoconazole does not prevent hair loss. In fact, it may rarely cause hair loss
Q.Can ketoconazole cause dry skin?
Yes, dry skin at the site of application is a common side effect of ketoconazole
Q.Can ketoconazole be used for conditions such as ring worms and psoriasis?
Yes, ketoconazole is commonly used to treat fungal infections of skin such as ring worms. Psoriasis is not a fungal skin infection and use of ketoconazole is not warranted to treat this condition
Q.Is ketoconazole/ ketoconazole cream a steroid?
No, ketoconazole is not a steroid. It belongs to triazole class of antifungal agents
Q.Can I ketoconazole at bedtime?
Ketoconazole can be taken at any time during the day
Q.Can ketoconazole be taken for yeast infections?
Yes, ketoconazole is prescribed for yeast infection. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Does ketoconazole block Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)?
Ketoconazole has the ability to block the synthesis of all steroids produced by the adrenal gland, including the male sex hormone dihydrotestosterone. Testosterone synthesis from the testes is also blocked
Q.Does ketoconazole expire?
Yes, medicines containing ketoconazole have an expiry date. Read the information given on the package for accurate expiry date.