food interaction for KEMODOXA
alcohol interaction for KEMODOXA
pregnancy interaction for KEMODOXA
lactation interaction for KEMODOXA
Avoid Kemodoxa 2mg injection with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR KEMODOXA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR KEMODOXA
- NUDOXA 2MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 875.28/ML of injectionRs. 8752.83save 89% more per ML of injection
- LIPODOX 2MG INJECTION(25 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 736/ML of injectionRs. 18400save 91% more per ML of injection
- RUBILONG 2MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 824.18/ML of injectionRs. 8241.76save 90% more per ML of injection
- CADRIA L 2MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8500/injectionRs. 8500pay 7% more per injection
Expert advice FOR KEMODOXA
- Inform your doctor if you have heart or liver disease or have sores, discolouration or discomfort in the mouth.
- You may need dose adjustment if you are suffering from diabetes.
- Inform your doctor if you had your spleen removed due to Kaposi’s sarcoma, history of heart problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow as this may lead to higher risk of infection.
- Inform your doctor if you have received doxorubicin or any other anthracycline as anti-cancer therapy or radiation to the upper body.
- You may need to perform blood count, heart/kidney /liver function tests before taking the therapy.
- Take precaution while taking doxorubicin as you may develop infection and bleeding episodes.
- This therapy may cause damage to heart muscle or heart failure after prolonged therapy or if radiation was used as treatment before.
- Doxorubicin therapy causes high levels of uric acid in blood which should be treated. Also urine may turn red on therapy and this is not a sign of any damage.
- Live or attenuated vaccines should not be taken during therapy and contact with persons who receive them must be avoided.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies. They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 2 years after stopping it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as doxorubicin may cause nausea and vomiting.
Frequently asked questions FOR KEMODOXA
Q. How does doxorubicin work?
Doxorubicin is anti-cancer or antineoplastic chemotherapy drug that belongs to a class of medication called anthracyclines. It slows down or stops the growth of cancer cells by interfering with DNA of the cancer cell
Q. Is doxorubicin liposomal a vesicant?
Doxorubicin liposomal is not a vesicant
Q. What is liposomal doxorubicin?
The molecules of doxorubicin are coated in a fatty capsule called as liposome. This liposome protects the body and allows the doxorubicin to remain in the blood circulation for a longer duration. This means that more amount of drug can be delivered to the cancer cells with less side effects.