Medicine Overview of Kelfer Capsule
Side effects of Kelfer Capsule
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Joint pain, Diarrhoea.
How to use Kelfer Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Kelfer 500mg Capsule at a fixed time.
How Kelfer Capsule works
Kelfer 500mg capsule traps and removes excess iron which is then excreted mainly in the stools. This reduces the risk of organ damage.
In Depth Information on Kelfer Capsule
Expert advice for Kelfer Capsule
- Seek immediate medical attention if you see symptoms of fever, sore throat, or flu as deferiprone can cause neutropenia (a decrease in white blood cells) or agranulocytosis (abnormal decrease in white blood cell count).
- Take precautions as deferiprone can lower the ability of your body to fight infections. Your blood will need to be tested weekly while you are taking this medication.
- Deferiprone may result in urine that is reddish-brown in color. This side effect is normal and usually not harmful.
- Take medical advice if you also have upper stomach pain, clay-colored stools, or jaundice (yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes).
- Tell your doctor if you suffer from dizziness, palpitations, light-headedness, syncope, or seizures after taking deferiprone.
Special precautions for Kelfer 500mg Capsule
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Kelfer 500mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Kelfer 500mg Capsule is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Kelfer 500mg Capsule alters the abil+more
ity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Kelfer+more
500mg Capsule in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Deferiprone, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Kelfer 500mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Deferiprone
Kelfer is used to reduce iron overload caused due to frequent blood transfusions in patients suffering from thalassemia (inherited autosomal recessive blood disorder) when other drugs like deferoxamine are inadequate or contraindicated
Kelfer is a chelating agent. It binds to excess iron in body, promoting its removal from the body and preventing iron toxicity.
User Submitted Feedback For Kelfer 500mg Capsule
Patients taking Kelfer 500mg Capsule
Thrice A Day
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Substitutes for Kelfer
No substitutes found for this medicine