food interaction for KEFPIME
alcohol interaction for KEFPIME
pregnancy interaction for KEFPIME
lactation interaction for KEFPIME
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for KEFPIME
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for KEFPIME
- MICROPIME 500MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Micro Labs LtdRs. 22.04/ML of injectionRs. 110.20pay 103% more per ML of injection
- BIOPIME 500MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 69.17/ML of injectionRs. 69.17pay 538% more per ML of injection
- SCUD 500MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 12.18/ML of injectionRs. 121.83pay 12% more per ML of injection
- FORPAR 500MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 22.79/ML of injectionRs. 227.87pay 110% more per ML of injection
- ENPIME 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Shrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 90.47/injectionRs. 90.47pay 735% more per injection
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for KEFPIME
- Do not start or continue the cefepime and consult your doctor if you have kidney, liver or blood clotting disorder, stomach or bowel problems, poor nutrition, or if you are taking drugs like aminoglycosides (e.g. gentamycin) and diuretics (e.g. furosemide).
- Caution should be taken when given to the children < 2 months old or to patients with diabetes as it may affect the results for urine glucose tests.
Frequently asked questions for KEFPIME
Q.Is cefepime beta lactam, penicillin, or sulfa drug?
Cefepime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is cefepime broad spectrum bacteriostatic or bactericidal?
Cefepime is a broad spectrum bactericidal antibiotic
Q.Is cefepime compatible with lactated ringer's, normal saline, or vancomycin?
Cefepime is compatible with lactated ringer's or normal saline. Solutions of cefepime should not be added to vancomycin. However, if concurrent therapy with cefepime is indicated, vancomycin can be administered separately. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is cefepime a vesicant?
No, cefepime is not a vesicant drug
Q.What organisms does cefepime cover?
Cefepime is mainly effective against methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (mssa), gram-negative bacteria, klebsiella, Group B streptococci but not effective against enterococcus, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa), or anaerobes such as mycoplasma.